GO!

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Bladder Stones Help
Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 6:15pm PST 
Thank you so much Ellie and Akina!

We are actually not sure what kind the stone is made up of yet as the results have not come back yet. The vet decided that we might as well get a head start just in case it is made up of the things that can be helped by food.

When I find out the results I will let you guys know. If we have to continue along this diet I will but that is good to know about foods to switch to afterwards so thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 11:44 am

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 9:01pm PST 
Umm no the "shape" of the food is not all I am worried about? I just want her on a better food to help with this issue. It was just simply an observation. And she is on the medication and the stupid food to help with the infection and dissolving of the stone so I really don't think there is any emergency here. I will feed it to her if I cannot find anything else but I would really rather not. Plus it is ungodly expensive.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 11:44 am

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 1:50pm PST 
Thanks. It just sucks. I know dogs with stones should be but on a low protein diet but there is NO meat in this product. All there is is chicken fat and pork liver. It's also completely disgusting. It came out of the can looking exactly like the can. confused

Anyone else?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 11:44 am

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 4:23pm PST 
I haven't been around in a while . . . so long story short just spent a very long time at the vet this evening and it has been determined that Sierra has a pretty large stone in her bladder. The vet thinks that we can try a diet change first instead of jumping to surgery right away so we are trying that. (They are doing tests on the urine to see if this is indeed the case).

So we got sent home with about 2 weeks of S/d Science Diet 'food'. I agreed with my mom that we will feed her that until I can find something better. (Thankfully we can send the cans back that are unopened! cheer Which I plan to be almost all of them!)

I am very exhausted right now and don't really feel like searching around so if anyone could tell me of any foods that can be used in replacement of this *wonderful food* confused that would be awesome.

Especially if you have dealt with stones in the past and know of something that works it would be greatly appreciated!

big grin I normally feed Taste of a Wild so let's just say I am not very happy with this so thank you in advance for your help!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 11:44 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 10:06am PST 
Morning all!

Have to work today . . .

that is all.

Boo.

whydoIhavetoworkonspringbreak_1234
[notify]
» There has since been 12491 posts. Last posting by , Thu 7:12 pm

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:16am PST 
Haha thanks Jewel, love the pictures! cloud 9

It's just been so long since I've been here wow. puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 12512 posts. Last posting by , Thu 7:12 pm

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:01am PST 
Hey anyone remember me?

red face
[notify]
» There has since been 12514 posts. Last posting by , Thu 7:12 pm

Dog Health > Swollen Muzzle

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 10:20am PST 
So I was staring at Sierra's face and I realized that her muzzle was all swollen. And I was wondering what this could be?

Even Nutmeg is sniffing Sierra's muzzle like something is wrong. On the plus side she is breathing fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain.

At first I thought she might have been stung or bitten but when I press against her muzzle there doesn't seem to be a particular sore spot. (Plus when she was outside earlier I was with her the whole time and she didn't yelp or cry out in pain as if she had been bitten or stung)

I'm about to call the vet to see if I should give her something but I would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks so much.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 10 11:29 am

Behavior & Training > Why do you have a dog/s?

Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '11 1:39pm PST 
Why do I have dogs? Well, first and foremost I have always been a animal lover. When I was a little girl I began my long love affair with horses. While I love dogs now, horses will always be my first love.

Growing up taking riding lessons from a barn exposes you to a lot of different animals and dogs stole another little slice of my heart just like horses did.

Sierra is my heart dog. When my mom and I went to the humane society 8 years ago I remember walking through the rows of dogs and finding nothing for us. But as we were walking out a lady was walking in carrying two balls of fluff. cloud 9 As we were riding in the car going home I remember holding her and forming an instant bond. I am her's and she is mine.

I think I truly became a crazy dog lady when Nutmeg came around. I think it was a combination of those big bug eyes and her cute helplessness. When she first came to us she was afraid of the world, especially afraid of men and thunderstorms. But now she is bold, confident, and beautiful. cloud 9

I can honestly now even fathom imagining living a life without dogs in it. They filled a need I didn't even know was there. Sometimes while lying in bed with them at night sometimes I just look at them and just smile. They fill me such love I can't even describe it.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 17 11:06 pm

Behavior & Training > Why do you have a dog/s?
Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '11 1:38pm PST 
Ok really . . .
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 17 11:06 pm

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.