Postings by Kali

GO!

(Page 1 of 221: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Cujo is not eating his food
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '14 3:58pm PST 
Any updates?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Buddy (2009-2014) , Today 8:28 am

Dog Health > Cujo is not eating his food
Kali

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '14 6:57am PST 
I would take him to the vet today. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Buddy (2009-2014) , Today 8:28 am

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(

Kali

Barked: Thu Oct 16, '14 5:56am PST 
What the heck! 2 steps forward and one step back. I don't understand what's wrong. She stopped eating again. I have another appt with the vet today. I'm really starting to think she has cancer somewhere that we can't find. If they can't figure this out today, I'm taking her to Angell Medical Center in Boston. It seems like she wants to eat; she asked for breakfast this morning, looked at it and walked away. I thought maybe something was wrong with the food, but she won't eat any of the several things I gave her. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Wed Oct 15, '14 3:22am PST 
snoopy I got up to get ready for work today and so did Kali. I'm so happy. She hasn't done that since last Wednesday. I hope it continues. She asked for breakfast and ate! I guess the new med regime is working. I only wish I knew what was wrong with her? Thanks everyone for your support. hug Keep your paws crossed she continues to get better. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '14 5:14pm PST 
Kali is the same. She's running a fever, very lethargic and won't eat. I've had her to the vet twice since last week and they can't figure out what's wrong. I have a good vet and I trust them. She has a high white cell count. They x-rayed her belly and chest and did the same with Ultra-sound. They did a CBC, tested her urine and tested her for tick borne diseases. Everything is normal except for the white count and an enlarged spleen. They suspected Leptospirosis, but she's been vaccinated for that. They put her on anti-nausea meds, something to coat her stomach, and 2 different antibiotics at the same time. If there isn't any change in her by tomorrow, I'm going back a 3rd time. She lost a lot of weigh. I know it sounds cruel, but I've been force feeding her a 1/2 a chicken breast in the morning and a 1/2 at night. That's all I can get into her. She is drinking water. So, she only slightly dehydrated from the fever. For everyone who doesn't know Kali, she can't eat just anything, it makes her violently ill. So my options are very limited in coaxing her to eat. I can't believe how far down she's gone in a week. My vet has consulted with other practices and the online vet network they belong to. Everyone is stumped. crycry shrug Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? She doesn't have diarrhea or vomiting, but she does have nausea, because she was drooling before I gave her the nausea meds.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '14 4:49pm PST 
The antibiotics aren't working................crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 1:57pm PST 
The results of the ultra sound came back and they said they didn't see any masses and her liver looks good. Her spleen is enlarged. Apparently that's what they saw in the X-rays. The blood tests show her white count is very high. confused at the moment they're stumped. They put her on antibiotics to see if that helps her. Kali has a history of odd symptoms with no real diagnosis. We just learned to manage them. The thing I like about these vets is, they consult with other offices and a network of vets online. That's how we learned how to manage her food issues. Now this is something new. It bothers me she was so pale. She's been at the vet all day and they said her color is s little better and her energy level is better. I'll pick her up shortly and see for myself. She scared me when she wouldn't get up and just layed in the car on the way to the vet. Very unlike her. I hope this is just a false alarm and she picked up some virus from the yard since she never goes anywhere anymore except for car rides. Thanks for your response, it was very helpful.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 9:40am PST 
Thanks for the advice Vance. Our vet did suggest surgery. The ultra sound is to see if her liver is involved. The surgery is very expensive with a poor prognosis at best if it's cancer. She's very pale and lethargic. If they can determine the liver is not involved, then we will opt for the second opinion and surgery. If she only has a few weeks left, I don't want her to spend them recovering from surgery. I've started reading anything and everything I can find on the subject. None of it is very optimistic. Can you recommend any websites I can visit?
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Kali

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 6:03pm PST 
Kali has not been feeling well for a few days, so I took her to the vet today. They ran a bunch of tests (some we'll have the results tomorrow), including X-Rays of her belly. They found a mass on her spleen. She goes in tomorrow for an ultra-sound to confirm if she has cancer and if so, if it has spread to her liver. I'm so sad and my heart aches. crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Today 9:07 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Bullmastiff protection question
Kali

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '14 1:41pm PST 
I'll answer this by stating a short story. Kali has become well socialized esp. if she thinks you have food. One day, while my husband and I were at work, my daughter decided to bring a new boyfriend ( a total loser) over to meet our dogs while we weren't home. (totally against our rules). Well, he was standing outside and she brought Kali outside to meet him. She became a vicious attack dog the instant she set eyes on him. My daughter could barely control her enough to get her back in the house. I told her, if Kali doesn't like him, then she needs to dump him, because Kali likes everyone. So, my answer would be, in general, dogs are very intuitive. They know when someone is up to no good. Mastiffs have an ingrained natural urge to protect. So, I would think that if someone came by that "was up to no good", then they would naturally deter them from coming in your yard. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Kali, Sep 21 1:41 pm

(Page 1 of 221: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.