Close X

Postings by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14

GO!

(Page 1 of 257: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Jul 21, '16 6:39pm PST 
Keep your chin up Flicka.........hughug
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Dog Health > Cutaneous horns

Barked: Thu Jul 21, '16 6:36pm PST 
Thanks for the update. But sadly, the Dogster Community will be closing in the near future. They've moved the closing date a couple of times. It's now set for the end of this month. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Thu 6:36 pm

Barked: Tue Jul 19, '16 6:09pm PST 
hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '16 3:46am PST 
Flicka, it's awesome you have such good neighbors. It sounds like they're worth their weight in gold. smile hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '16 3:33am PST 
Sonja, hughughug
Flicka, hughughug
wave Everyone
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '16 3:57am PST 
Squeaky Wheel, Flicka. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '16 5:40am PST 
Sonja, we have until the 18th now. A few more days............
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 5:48pm PST 
Farewell to my old friend, Dogster...........................(cry).....
I will miss you (big hug)

Your existence saved Kali's life. She should have died at around 4, but instead, she crossed Rainbow Bridge at 11. We have you to thank for her long life. And for that, I am eternally grateful.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 5:09pm PST 
I do have to give them credit for responding. I really didn't expect one:

Jacqueline,

We totally understand. We hate that this is happening, too.

Catster and Dogster have always been unique and special, but the sites are beyond maintenance. Several teams of engineers have tried to repair and/or move the sites. Nothing has worked and the problems continue to get worse. I personally contacted one of the original engineers, who was also asked to help by I-5/Lumina Media, and he says the sites cannot be saved in any form which would be recognizable.

After the community pages close, you will still be able to connect with your friends via the Dogster & Catster Facebook groups. If Facebook isn't your thing, many members interact in the comment sections for articles on Catster and Dogster Magazines. We realize, of course, that neither of these options has the same level of involvement we had in the community groups and public forums, but familiar faces and names will be there.

In the meantime, your comments and suggestions have been added to the feedback queue being shared with the Digital Team.

Woofs! & Tail Wags!

-watch dog-

----------------------------------------------------
Dogste r & Catster: where no one knows you're a human
dogster.com / catster.com / luminamedia.com
facebook.com/dogster - facebook.com/catster

--------------------
Date: Jul 8, 2016 6hi58 PM
Subject: Dogster Forums

Hello,

Please reconsider your decision to close the Dogster Community. I think that most of us are willing to pay a subscription/sign up fee if it was the only way to keep/revamp the site.
The only way I can describe the way we all feel about this site is to let you read my last post:

"To my friends, everyone who may be still lurking, to the Website and all who were involved in keeping it running:
What we had here is/was priceless, which in my opinion, can never be understood by anyone who was not a part of it. This site and all in involved have helped me immensly over the years. Money can't buy what we had here, including all the disagreements, and sparing between members. Reading all the posts has taught me more about dogs and community than I'll ever learn anywhere else.
Thank you so much for all your time and input with every question and conversation.
It's getting harder to get on this site, so I'm not sure if this will be my last post.
To everyone..........Thank you so much. I can never repay you for everything you've taught me here. Thanks! “

The kind of friendship/family we’ve had the privilege of belonging to, can’t be found anywhere else. I’ve combed the internet, and can’t find a site that even remotely compares to the "Dogster Community” that we’ve all shared over the years. If you had seen the kind of traffic that passed through this site in it’s prime, you would see that it was/is an opportunity to behold. With some work and dedication, we can make it the most popular Dog/Pet Forum Site on the internet, and your company would take all the credit for bringing it back from the brink of closure.

So please, if you could, reconsider it’s closure and give the “Dogster Forums” a chance to again be what it once was. We saved so many lives by preventing so many dogs from being sent to the shelters and from being abused by frustrated owners who just needed some sound advice to help their dog overcome a problem. We’ve helped owners with dogs that had health issues that sometimes a vet couldn’t figure out. The volume of information and experience that was shared between members can’t be found in any library or school. We’ve had members from all over the world ask questions and join our community. Sometimes they posted in another language and we used Google Translator to answer them. There is no other site that has been able to attract such a far reaching, global group of people.

So, please, before you close the Dogster Forums, just look through the older posts and see what we’re all about. Don’t take our word for it. Read the posts and then make your decision.
I think I can speak for most every member by saying that we would really appreciate a second chance by bringing our "Dogster Community" back.

Thank you so much for the time you took to read this.
All of us (Dogster Community) really appreciate it.
Sincerely,

hug.gif
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 4:11am PST 
hughughug
Flicka,Jasper, Beanie, Flicka, Jay & everyone else, I will truly miss you guys...............
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 10:18 am

(Page 1 of 257: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.