GO!

(Page 1 of 218: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Pins and Needles!!!
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '14 11:03am PST 
If you have any concerns at all, I would have a vet check her out. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mon 11:03 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Small/purebred dogs stolen in NW-resold or ransomed!!! Please read!!! News story from Seattle, WA
Kali

Barked: Sun Jun 15, '14 4:00am PST 
Member since 6/13/14 I would get the police involved if I were you and/or the local news, 20/20 and Dateline. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 4:00 am

Behavior & Training > Dangerous Dogs Indeed...

Kali

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 4:54am PST 
I grew up with Dobies. They're the biggest couch potatoes you'll ever meet. We had one that the neighborhood kids used to come over and say..."Can we play with Gunther?" He was one of the kids. We also had Malamutes. They are very protective of their families, but Blue was the biggest kid of all. He used to sit on our sleds in the winter and slide down the hills with us. It was the funniest thing. He shared sandwiches, donuts and watermelon and occasional gum with us. People that make those blanket negative comments are NOT dog people, so they really don't have a clue. Yes, certain breeds have certain traits, but with proper care and training, most can be like our Gunther and Blue were, "One of the kids".
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > These dogs love eating poop

Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:07pm PST 
Welcome to my world. If you find a solution that really works, let me know. Kali is 10 and she still eats poop. She taught Koby that its a great snack. So, now I have 2 that like to eat poop. shrug
Leave it only works if they know I'm looking. As soon as I'm not paying attention, somebody goes and the other runs over and eats it. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 6:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive foster dog

Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:03pm PST 
Sounds to me like she's setting her boundaries. To her, she was yanked out of her family and home, so she might also be confused and scared. Has she snapped or bitten anyone that you know of? I agree a good trainer that has experience with aggression would be helpful or a behaviorist. I know you are fostering her, but the way you describe her treatment from her family before you got her, will only make her worse if she goes back. How much exercise does she get? If she's the hound/shepherd mix you suggest, she probably needs an outlet for her working dog traits/energy. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 17 9:52 am

Dog Health > Puppy food makes my puppy sick
Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 5:50pm PST 
Try changing the food. There are several kinds of puppy food on the market. When Kali turned 5 months, she suddenly couldn't tolerate her food. Sometimes they suddenly acquire an intolerance to something in the food even if they've been eating it for a while. Check the ingredients on the bag your trying to feed her. If the base is beef, change to chicken or lamb. If it's chicken or lamb, try changing to beef, etc. Good luck and please keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 14 7:38 am

Dog Health > My dog has been puking blood for MONTHS... help, anyone?

Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 5:32pm PST 
Maybe you should try another vet. Some will take payments. I went through 3 vets before I found one that helped Kali. If any, what kind of medications is your dog taking? Have you tried changing her food again? I agree with the balanced diet. You have a very good start but they do need a diet balanced for dogs. Has she been on any antibiotics? I Know she's a dog, but I found this on WebMD. In general, dogs are not that different from humans: (It sounds like they need to know what kind of ulcer she has before they can treat it properly.)
What Are the Treatments for an Ulcer?
Medications are usually used to treat mild-to-moderate ulcers. If the cause is bacterial, antibiotics can cure the ulcer. For recurrent, severe cases that do not respond to medication, surgery may be necessary.
Although alternative therapies have been shown to aid in the relief of symptoms, they should be used only as supplements to conventional treatment.
You should not treat an ulcer on your own without first seeing your doctor. Over-the-counter antacids and acid blockers may relieve some or all of the pain, but the relief is always short-lived. With a doctor's help, you can find relief from the ulcer pain, as well as a lifelong cure from the disease. Proton-pump inhibitor drugs such as Prilosec are the most cost-effective treatment options for peptic ulcers.
The chief goals of treatment are reducing the amount of acid in the stomach, strengthening the protective linings that come in direct contact with gastric acids, and -- if your ulcer is caused by bacterial infection -- treating the H. pylori infection with medication. Your doctor will likely prescribe a combination of antibiotics, such as amoxicillin or tetracycline with metronidazole, along with Pepto-Bismol, proton-pump inhibitors, and/or histamine H2 blockers, all to be taken for 10-14 days.
If these treatments are unsuccessful, or if you have developed serious complications as a result of your ulcer, surgery may be necessary. If your ulcer is hemorrhaging, the surgeon will identify the source of the bleeding (usually a small artery at the base of the ulcer) and repair it. Perforated ulcers -- holes in the entire stomach or duodenal wall -- must be surgically closed. This is an emergency procedure.
In some cases, a surgery to decrease stomach acid secretion may be necessary. However, peptic ulcer surgery is done only in emergency situations, because there are many potential complications associated with the procedure, including ulcer recurrence, liver complications, and ''dumping syndrome,'' which causes chronic abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, and/or sweating after eating.
I wish I could have been more helpful. Good luck with her and please keep us posted. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 10:05 pm

Dog Health > Frontline

Kali

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 5:56pm PST 
If you think it was from the Front-Line or the conditioner, then don't use it again. You know you dog best. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 14 8:58 am

Behavior & Training > Altruism in Puppies

Kali

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 4:04am PST 
I think we constantly underestimate animals. I really believe they are more like us than we think. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 4:04 am

Dog Health > Dog drank water with a spider in it?
Kali

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '14 7:03am PST 
He should be fine. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 10:15 am

(Page 1 of 218: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.