Postings by Petri

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Grooming > Removing pine sap from fur?
Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 12:10pm PST 
Can you try freezing it with an ice cube? I was thinking the old "how to get bubble gum out" trick.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Jul 30 4:23 am

Dog Health > Boston Terrier Puppy has Pimples?
Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 15, '10 9:50am PST 
Dogs can have acne, especially if their skin/fur tends to be on the oily side. Blackheads are most common on the chin from there food bowls, but on the stomach could be them too. I would just wash her well and leave them alone... if they go away you will have your answer. If they start to get really red and inflamed I would bet they are a bite of some type. Time will tell, but at least you know dogs can be like people with zit issues smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Petri, Jul 15 9:50 am

Pug > Barking

Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 7:02pm PST 
You mean that muffled sound coming out of her mouth? smile How about when you pick them up when someone comes to the door and they sound like a dying cat??? That's what I have!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 3 4:34 am

Pug > My Pug Never Stops Eating

Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 7:01pm PST 
Mine is always look for "snacks" (ie. crumbs, grass clumps, toilet paper, sticks, kibble!). big grin She's a crazy sassy girl.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 3:11 pm

Pug > Expecting a little brother..

Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 6:59pm PST 
Get the food and treat thing worked out quickly. Introduce them both outside in a neutral zone in the neighborhood, then take them on a walk together. My pug had to adjust to living with 2 big dogs... she loved one of them immediately and hated the other. It took her a few months to love the other one, but overall she adjusted immediately. If I would have known about the neutral zone and walking together thing before I would have tried it and see how it went. Least you will have 2 small dogs... easier to handle if they get into tiffs! Congrats on the pup! snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Petri, Jul 1 6:59 pm

Pug > Pug a Bully Breed?
Petri

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 6:56pm PST 
No way!!! Pugs are lovers not fighters. She must be thinking they are related to bull dogs? My pug likes to put on a mean face for bicycles, skate boards, scooters, and anything else with wheels, but she sure runs the other way when a big noise is made! Plus she is not confrontational at all with other dogs... she could care less about them cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 22 8:56 pm

Dog Health > suggestion for fish oil

Petri

Barked: Fri Jun 4, '10 7:53am PST 
You can also try Coconut Oil. Add it to the food or let him lick it off the spoon.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Elliot, Jun 4 1:49 pm

Dog Health > Ringworm?

Petri

Barked: Sat May 22, '10 10:05am PST 
I would say within 48hours of her being on meds to clear up the infection you can start cleaning everything. Wash everything in hot water, sweep & vacuum your house well, take the sweepings and vacuum bag outside to the trash can, even scrub the floors. As for the bathing.... scrub scrub scrub or take him to a groomer where they can keep him tied up while bathing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Torie, May 22 10:50 am

Dog Health > Spaying while in heat??

Petri

Barked: Sat May 22, '10 10:00am PST 
A definite No no! When dogs become in heat their abdomen swells up. It is best to wait a month after her heat cycle is complete before spaying. If you don't it can cause more complications during surgery and make the recovery more painful for the dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Petri, May 22 10:00 am

Behavior & Training > Puppy Training-Dominince problems
Petri

Barked: Mon Mar 22, '10 9:29am PST 
Check out www.cesarsway.com. This is the Dog Whisperer's website. He offers great tips on how to stop behaviors before they start. good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 27 2:40 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.