Postings by Xena

GO!

Akita > "Akita's are genetically aggressive"

Xena

Barked: Sun Jan 10, '10 4:03pm PST 
Some breeds are prone to have certain traits. Akitas do have a tendency to be dog/ same sex dog aggressive, but this does not mean that they are all aggressive. I have had my Xena since she was 6 weeks old and while she did have some issues with other ADULT female dogs, she has gotten over it. We have had other dogs, ferrets, chinchillas, birds, snakes, frogs, iguanas and a host of other small animals and never had a problem with her being around any of them. (One of the chinchillas was her best friend!). It is all in how you raise and train them. They are fiercely loyal to their humans and will protect you from anything, but in a very quiet way. They are not big barkers at all, so if anyone tries to get into your house, they may get in, but they aren't sure to leave without getting a BIG surprise in the form of your dog!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 2:37 pm

What I Love About Dogster > BREEDS
Xena

Barked: Sun Jan 10, '10 3:56pm PST 
I LOVE Dogster and taking strolls to see others. I am, however, very bothered to be taking a stroll looking at Akitas and find dog s that are clearly NOT Akitas on the pages. Does anyone check these photos and info. out to make sure it is correct? I've seen 3 terrier/shih tsu type mixes and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel on the Akita walk and they are listed as Akitas/mixes. This is very disturbing when you think of the people that may be looking for a certain breed and are seeing this type of mistake. Any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Xena, Jan 10 3:56 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Trying to figure out Rupert's breed...

Xena

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 5:58pm PST 
I definitely see the pit in him. Does his tail curl? Loks that way in one of the pics. And by the shape of his face and the curl, I'd even guess some Akita. Any black on his tongue? That would signify chow, shar pei or Akita. He's a cutie, no matter what!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 3 7:27 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Hi fellow pit owners!

Xena

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 5:52pm PST 
I had an Akita with a similar problem. I "doused" the area with SULFODENE and then started adding a can of tuna in oil to his diet once a week. ( Or fish oil pills work, too, but they can be costly). It cleared up eithin a week and I never had the problem again. Adding foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids does wonders for a dog's skin and coat. Learned about that working for a vet! Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by McKayla , Jan 13 7:54 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.