Postings by Shadow 6/27/89 - 1/21/06

GO!

(Page 1 of 70: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > A year later, I\'m still so grateful for y\'all
Shadow - 6/27/89 - 1/21/06

Mommy's little- angel girl

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 7:40pm PST 
I know exactly how you feel. My angel Shadow has been gone since 1/21/06 and even though I have my little Sunny, there is not a day goes by that I don't think of her. She was such a good little girl and I love her dearly.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow 6/27/89 - 1/21/06, Mar 4 7:40 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Please pray for Seth, help him cross the bridge

Barked: Sun Feb 25, '07 12:39pm PST 
Socks old friend, you beat me to the punch!

Seffie my sweet friend, mommy is sad that your family is feeling bad right now and she'll say prayers for them. Up here you'll feel good and your pack really wants what's best for you. And hey, I'll get to meet you in fursome!

Love you kiddo!

Shadow
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 9:01 am

What I Love About Dogster > WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT?

Barked: Tue Dec 26, '06 7:47pm PST 
Merry Christmas!
[notify]
» There has since been 82 posts. Last posting by Phoebe (8/1/95 - 4/20/10), Apr 21 12:55 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Little Bit

Barked: Sun Aug 27, '06 11:50pm PST 
Sometimes the body just wears out, but the spirit is still strong. I can't wait to meet you Little Bit!
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by ♥ Ch Francis.... THD CG, Sep 10 7:46 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Psychic Dogs, or Dogs Who Communicate from Beyond

Barked: Tue Aug 22, '06 12:29pm PST 
Shadow was my soul dog. She was our angel girl, she never did anything wrong. You can tell by her recent pictures that she had clouding in her eyes due to age and she also had a scar on one that caused some vision loss. She was 16-1/2 y/o and in liver failure when we helped her cross the Bridge in January.

That weekend, I was inconsolable. I cried constantly and wondered if we did the right thing. I thought that maybe we should have tried the IV under the skin. They told us that would possibly give her anywhere from a couple days to a couple of months. Maybe we didn't try hard enough for her. Well, that Sunday night before I went to bed I was crying and 'talking' to Shadow. I kept asking her to please let me know that we did the right thing. Monday morning I got up to get ready for work and on my way to the bathroom, I saw her at the top of the stairs! She was looking down the steps then she looked over at me. Her eyes were the clearest brown, no cloudiness or scarring. Then she disappeared! At first, I just thought I saw her because I missed her so much, so I didn't think anything of it. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and all of a sudden a calmness came over me and Johnny Nash's song "I Can See Clearly Now" popped into my head. The words are in her diary if you want to read them. I believe Shadow was telling me that we did the right thing and that she was ready. Yes, I miss her dearly and still get choked up now and again but I am at peace with it now.
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Maggie (1997-2006), Sep 12 12:29 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Does he understand why?

Barked: Mon Aug 21, '06 1:58pm PST 
My heart cries with you. I too, have gone through that. For 16-1/2 years I kiddingly told Shadow that she had to live forever for me. I really think she tried. The last couple weeks of her life she just wanted to sleep all the time and I just attributed it to old age. The evening before, I told her that if she didn't feel good and wanted to go, she could. The next day, we couldn't believe how fast her health declined. When we took her in to emergency, they told us she was in liver failure. Looking back, I think I knew something wasn't right with her but I was hoping I was wrong. We did what we had to do but I feel guilty because we waited probably a week longer than we should have and also because I still had some thoughts of keeping her. When the doctor came with the needle, Shadow jumped up into her daddy's arms (she was daddy's girl) and gave us each a kiss goodby. So I would say yes, they understand why and I knew then that Shadow was ready.

My thoughts are with you and I pray you eventually find peace.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Clover, Sep 18 8:26 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > the ashes...

Barked: Tue Aug 15, '06 11:56pm PST 
I keep Shadow's ashes in a pretty wooden box in my computer room/spare bedroom. That way when I'm on Dogster I feel like she is with me.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Nov 3 12:41 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Roddy passed this afternoon

Barked: Mon Jul 24, '06 11:01am PST 
Seventeen years is like having a teenaged child pass. Mommy knows how it is because I was 16-1/2 years when I went to the Bridge in January and she still grieves for me. She knows it will take awhile and she has Sunny now to help. We'll keep you in our prayers.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥Dale Bo♥, Jul 24 10:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Brandi has gone to Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Wed Jun 14, '06 10:32pm PST 
Thank you for sharing that, I know how hard that is. I always thought how much better it would be if my babies would pass in their sleep. We've had three furbabies and only one did, the other two we had to help to the Bridge. Even though you're giving them one of the most precious gifts by helping them cross, you still feel so darn guilty. Then for me the 'what ifs' start coming...what if we would have done this or maybe we should have done that. I think the guilt and the second-guessing makes the loss all that much more painful. So I can sympathize with you and I'll cry with you and for you. Take care.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Mrs. Trudy , Jun 27 5:43 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Nutmeg is Gone

Barked: Tue Jun 6, '06 10:13am PST 
The Heavens got some beautiful angels this year.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Ozzy, Jun 9 9:42 pm

(Page 1 of 70: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.