Postings by Isabelle

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > March 2nd - The Last Hoorah Pawty!
Isabelle

Tougher than I- look!! :)

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 9:43am PST 
Thank you so much for moving this to a non-Plus forum, so we could come, too. Momma has not been diligent at keeping our Plus account up.

So let's pawty!!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Jan 23 6:12 pm

Small Dogs > Sweaters/Clothing for Small Dogs
Isabelle

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 12:18pm PST 
If you have mad sewing skills, check out the pattern books at the fabric stores for doggie clothing patterns. That way, you can make them of whatever fabric you like and colour.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 26 3:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Letting a raw fed dog lick you in the face?

Isabelle

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 9:44am PST 
I fed raw for a couple of years, and was still doing so when I got Belle. Siri's not a 'kissy' dog, but Belle certainly is! I never got sick from her licking my face. She gives me a "Crestie facial" most nights and I still haven't gotten sick from her kisses.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Noah, May 2 2:22 pm

Small Dogs > purse/messenger style carrier with pockets?

Isabelle

Barked: Sun Apr 29, '12 9:25am PST 
Momma just picked out a tote bag for me from a bunch of stuff my Auntie got at an auction. It's just big enough, and quilted and it's pink and chocolate, just like me! Momma says she's going to fold a fleece blanket in the bottom so I can nap on it and be comfy.

Garage sales, thrift stores and auctions are good places to look for 'temporary' doggie equipment. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 5 8:54 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > how often should I replace collars?

Isabelle

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 9:23am PST 
Lots of us have wardrobes of collars, harnesses, and leashes! I have a step-in harness for summer and a pretty faux fur-lined vest harness for winter, and several leashes, and Momma's thinking of getting me a new pink one! She has an Ultimate Leash (ultimateleash.com) for each of us, except me, so she's thinking of sending for one.

We're all going to be getting new collars to wear our tags on, too!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tetsuya, Apr 28 9:57 pm

Behavior & Training > What do you dogs do when they think it's time to eat?
Isabelle

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 9:38am PST 
With my four, the boys will let the girls tell me what time it is, and they know how to tell time very well.
Belle and Evie both will walk up me in the recliner and start slapping me in the face with their paws. "Hey, Momma! Time to feed the do-ogs!!" I get up and grab the tray with their bowls on it and go in the kitchen, closing the dog gate behind me. Then Evie wiggles under it to come in and watch me. Belle stands at the gate and sings the dinner song til I bring their dinner in the living room for them. Siri will sit at the gate until Evie goes through, then runs in the kitchen to find his bowl. Once he's done, I let him back through the gate, and take everybody outside.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by NTD Chance *Adopted!*, Apr 21 1:13 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Isabelle

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 11:41am PST 
I don't have a lot of upper body strength anymore, so I'm afraid my lovely Rottweilers and GSDs, Shilohs and all the other big dogs I'd love to have are pretty much out for me.

I had my heart stolen by a bunch of little bandits of the Chinese Crested variety recently, though, so it's okay. And I saw a Xolo in the Westminster Dog Show this year, and all I could think was, What an elegant dog!

Oh, S.Zulu....Xolos also come in toy size....smile
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The story of why you choose your Dogs name

Isabelle

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 8:57am PST 
I was a show dog, but when my Momma passed away, my Auntie had to find a new home for me, so I retired from the ring. My registered name was Jingle All The Way, called Belle, so when my new Momma adopted me, she said I needed a lady's name, so she called me Isabelle Antoinette, the second part being named after my first Momma.
[notify]
» There has since been 51 posts. Last posting by Morrison, May 31 4:58 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Do you and your dog look alike?

Isabelle

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 11:59am PST 
Okay, I'm not good at posting pics in the forums, but I just put one of Belle and I on her page. That was just after I chopped all my hair off; it's longer now, but I still think we look somewhat alike.

I should call her Mini-Me? laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ace, Jul 9 5:59 am

Puppy Place > How easy has it been for you and your puppy?
Isabelle

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 11:58am PST 
When I got Belle, she was four years old, but she's not the puppy I'm writing about. When I got Belle, nobody, not even the folks I got her from, knew that she was carrying a 'bonus package' until about a week before she dropped 3 puppies on my brother's couch, 3 days before Christmas.
They were adorable! I hadn't had newborns in the house since I was a kid and my dog had a litter. Belle was a good momma, and we worked at starting training almost as soon as their eyes were open. They were smart little things and lovey, too. Stubborn, though, when it came to going out in the snow to potty. So we turned to potty pads and they learned to use those very well.
They're 2 years old now. We kept Wicket,the last powderpuff boy and my brother and his wife kept Annie, the one hairless girl, and they still get to play all the time. There was no problem with socialization or bite inhibition and they're the greatest dogs! My dog gave the best Christmas presents!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Apr 14 8:50 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.