GO!

(Page 1 of 132: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > 11 year old dog, what to do?
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 3:46pm PST 
When our dog stops eating, that is a sign. If he stops eating and becomes very sedentary, you should take him to a vet for advise. Something could be done at this point to make him more comfortable or they could help you decide.

My dog was estimated to be 8 when I adopted him. That was 5 years ago. I don't think he is actually this old, he's too active and healthy. He recently started throwing up a lot. I changed his diet to mostly canned food and it's been 2 weeks since he threw up. I don't walk him nearly as much or that far. He could be 13 years old based on the animal shelter and a vet's estimation. He still runs, goes on walks, jumps, has eyesight and can hear. thinking The only thing is his teeth, they look like an old dog's teeth.

My advise is keep your dog's weight down, feed the highest quality natural dog foods and still provide appropriate exercise that is appropriate for an old dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 3:46 pm

Behavior & Training > where did they all go?
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 10:55pm PST 
I think if you are going to post here, you should have to sign up for an account. That way if some one posts spam, their account can be deleted and banned. Is that possible to do?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 10:12 am

Dogs & Travel > Traveling 3100 miles with 7 animals in one car

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 11:40pm PST 
If you are going through the mountains make sure you have snow chains unless you have a 4x4 or all wheel drive with good tires. I don't know what roads you are taking, but I live in the mountains. You may come across winter driving, even in June. I-70 is a scary highway. Mountain weather be crazy. I know I-70 will shut down at a stand still because people are spinning out and can't go no where.

Another thing is lay off your brakes in the mountains and down shift your vehicle in lower gears to slow down. This is really important with the vehicle that will be pulling a trailer. People have burned out their brakes driving in the mountains. It's really common.

I drove about 2,000 miles with one animal. My dog was already use to long trips in cars.

Carry pet accident cleaner with you.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 9:01 am

Food & Nutrition > Supplementing Lower Quality Dog Food With Veggies/Meat

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 12:51pm PST 
Pure Balance and Iams are made by the same company.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have been googling this, where did you get this info from? Care to share a link? One time you said there where no Walmarts in Canada, so I am not sure this is true.

I am interested in knowing who makes this food now. My googling is not finding any info. Got any?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 9:38 am

Food & Nutrition > Supplementing Lower Quality Dog Food With Veggies/Meat

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 11:43pm PST 
Iams is kinda pricy. There are some sketchy ingredients. Some formulas use unspecified animal ingredients like animal fat. It has by-products. Iams was once a leader in premium high quality pet food, but much has happened since then. They still bank with their name, even through they are now part of Proctor and Gamble.

Some formulas are fairly decent and not bad. They don't use artificial colors or Menadione in any of them. One horrible aspect of this brand is their animal testing. An undercover employee was able to get a lot of evidence on this. Google Iams cruelty, not cool.

If you have a Walmart, Pure Balance is worth looking into. It is the same price range and for all life stages. They just launched a grain free salmon food. Ingredients are important and an indicator of quality. My dog eats this food, but not all the time. I switch brands frequently by mixing the kibbles slowly into the older food..

Adding extras to any food increases the cost of feeding. Of course adding appropriate fresh ingredients to any dry dog food diet is healthy as long as the additions are not more than 25 percent and good for dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 9:38 am

Behavior & Training > Dog all by her self at dog park
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 11:15pm PST 
It was not hot at all. I live in a mild climate. I don't understand why she couldn't just sit in the dog park. There are benches. It's a fairly large dog park. My friend and I were there for a while. We were painting on the picnic table in the more isolated small area. This dog may of been there at least 2 hours by herself in the dog park.

When we arrived there was only that one dog by her self. I was going to call the number on the tag or take her home.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 9:03 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Pet-Friendly Flooring in Living Room

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 9:30am PST 
Pergo flooring which is a brand of laminate flooring.

I think carpet is dirty. Pet accidents can go through the carpet and onto the padding underneath. Sometimes it even goes all the way to the wood. You can't clean up underneath the carpet with out pulling it up. Dander and dirt goes deep into the carpets. This is gross.

With laminate flooring, you can sweep up dog hair and wipe pet accidents up.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 30 9:30 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Omg... seriously?

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Mon Jul 29, '13 10:33pm PST 
To be honest I would love to know what breeds Milton is mixed with.

I am always getting the "what kind of dog is he" question. It's an answer I would like to know myself.

He's probably something ridiculous like Pitbull Chihuahua. if something nuts like that was to show up on the results I might not be to quick to judge.

I still don't trust the DNA testing companies for dogs. If there was a 100 percent legit test, I would like to do one. Which ones are the most reputable?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 1 1:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog all by her self at dog park

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Mon Jul 29, '13 9:58pm PST 
I thought my dog was scared of dog parks. I have taken him in to a dog park with my friend and his dog recently a few times. He does not act scared anymore. He's been there a few times. I have not seen any real fights or any serious trouble yet.

Today at the dog park, there was a small pitbull all by herself in there. She was not aggressive. She had tags. I did not know why she was there, was she put in there because she was lost? Did someone put her in there to be picked up? ????? I almost wanted to call the number on the tag.

Any way it turned out the dog's person was there in her car. She sat in the car most of the time, while the dog was in the park handler less. The dog was behaving and not causing trouble, but I think this is wrong.

What do ya'll think? Super lazy IMO
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 9:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Hello, everyone first post on here ! Recall with northern breeds and independent dogs??
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Wed Jul 24, '13 11:21pm PST 
You have to appease her instincts to roam and run. It's better to work with them, than against them. How much exercise is this dog getting, what do you do with her? I have seen this with another independent breed. This dog did the same thing. The only time the dog received adequate stimulating exercise was when she was being chased around the entire county. She loved it and getting caught meant being locked up or chained up with little fun.

On your days off, do some long hikes with this dog. Consider getting a ski-joring harness and having this dog run with a bicycle, skateboard, or roller blades. This dog needs to run a lot and needs to roam. If she does not get it, she will find her own way.

You need to find something for this dog to do other than run away. If you can't provide adequate exercise for this dog, please find someone else who can, like a daily runner or other very active person.

Recall training is the same for this dog as it would be any other breed. She won't listen to you if she is not happy.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 7:43 am

(Page 1 of 132: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.