Postings by Pepper

GO!

Raw Food Diet > I am interested in doing the raw food

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sun Dec 6, '09 12:47pm PST 
diet with my toby and pepper. I am scared though that the switch from kibble (high quality) to raw meat will upset their stomachs during the trial period.(the runs). As I have read that this happens.
I have done the research but I don't know how to start...where to start...I am scared of the mess....and to be honest I am scared of change but who isn't (please don't judge me)
any tips, ideas, info
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Duncan, Dec 8 8:32 am

Behavior & Training > Dachshund training
Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 1:20pm PST 
our sessions aren't even that long! really! I start with sit and then she, of course, does it. As soon as I try to teach her something else she starts chasing her tail (I wonder if she thinks this is a trick I guess the fact that I gave her a treat the first time she did that makes her think so) lol I love her big grin . but yes I know she's a puppy and she definitely does puppy things. I found a great puppy training class and look forward to take her... and keep training her at home. I am still trying new treats to find her favorite one so far she loves them all equally (she doesn't discriminate).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Nov 19 1:20 pm

Dog Health > Cold Weather

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 1:11pm PST 
where I live is not that cold, but it is wet, humid and windy. My doxie is short haired and so little I do put sweaters and some water proof jackets on her, I just hate to see her shiver. I say it won't hurt to get a few warm clothing items
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 20 8:48 pm

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Tue Nov 17, '09 1:01am PST 
thanks everyone for your help, I am looking at puppy obedience training classes in my area, and not giving up on training her on my own, but she could be such a little turkey.
We are in the middle of training and she would start chasing her tail and rolling on the carpet as if it was the funniest thing....aahh love her
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Nov 19 1:20 pm

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sun Nov 15, '09 10:26pm PST 
The Dachshund forum seems a bit slow. So I'll test my luck here.
She's 7 months and all I've managed to teach her so far is sit frown
I know it's a stubborn breed but...she can't be that stubborn.
Any other dachshund training experiences you will be willing to share?
Potty training is all covered but obedience training seems like is not gonna happen. I wanna enroll her in training classes, but I have a feeling she might not do so well.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Nov 19 1:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs going through doors before you, why do some trainers think this is bad?
Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sun Nov 15, '09 10:21pm PST 
I have tried going before either one of my dogs but it never works out...they just go for it confused
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 9:28 am

Dachshund > Dachshunds, the most aggressive dog breed?

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:51pm PST 
I heard the same thing. I guess mine could be a little over protective when it's just me and her brother at home. She barks at little noises and stands all proud and big... oh she's so cute big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dylan, Jan 2 11:07 pm

Dachshund > Dachshund sweaters?

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:48pm PST 
Do you know of any specific website where I can purchase sweaters long enough to cover pepper's little long body up? I buy her small/medium size clothes but still part of her belly is exposed and she gets cold fast, so this leads to keeping her at home alone. She hates it since she loves to go to the saturday market and see and be seen (she ...really does)
Thanks smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 9 9:36 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.