Postings by Foxxy

GO!

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Why do my raw fed dogs have dandruff?
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '14 6:52pm PST 
dandruff isn't all about diet. have you been running your heater, and is it dry in your environment right now? dry skin from a dry environment will cause dandruff. It's just a thing that happens. Maybe get a humidifier for the house in the winter. That's what we do, and it seems to help
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, Nov 10 6:52 pm

Raw Food Diet > questions for some devoted BARF raw feeders
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '14 2:57am PST 
are you feeding the dark meat, I assume, since those are the cheapest cuts of chicken? if so, those cuts are the highest in fats of any part of the bird. adding salmon oil is not necessary, and may be too much fat for your dog to handle.

[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fritz, Aug 11 3:44 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Medieval dog names!

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '14 6:01pm PST 
Did you ever wonder what people named their dogs a thousand years ago?
Medievalists. net talks about pet names
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jul 29 6:42 am

Dog Health > 10 year old pug and neutering?

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '14 5:11am PST 
It shouldn't be a problem. A vet that understands his anasthesia drugs will choose the one with the lowest risk for a brachy dog. It's a 15 minute-ish procedure, and 10 years old is just fine to neuter in a small dog. It's practically an outpatient deal. I know of lots of pugs living 15-18 years so he might have a whole lifetime ahead of him, and neutering will help with the aging prostate.

Find a good vet though, I wouldn't take him out to the quick places.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, Jul 20 5:11 am

Dog Health > Please HELP We are DESPERSATE, Wound will NOT Heal on Puppy *PICTURES*

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sat Jul 12, '14 12:25pm PST 
good thing you were using iodine on it then. poor baby! just thank goodness it wasn't on a leg. hughughughug hopefully you can get all the bad tissues out and get baconto healing
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ember FDX, Jul 12 3:41 pm

Grooming > Recommend a everyday brush?
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '14 6:30am PST 
Just get a slicker brush. That's the one that looks like a bunch of blunted metal pins poked through a rubber mat. Slicker brushes pick up the hair that's already loose, whereas the furminator actively shaves the undercoat hairs with a blade at the base of the tines.

Slicker brushes are your basic everyday brush for long haired dogs. Short haired dogs, just use a silicon bristle mitt. There is a brand called "purebred" that makes the type of mitt you need.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Happy, Jul 23 9:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Premium meat kibble vs homecooked vegetarian diet

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '14 7:02am PST 
explain to them that there is no biological reason for dogs to be vegetarian. Vegetarianism is a spiritual diet. You become vegetarian because you feel or believe that it is right for you personally. that's what a spiritual issue is.

You cannot expect dogs to follow or even understand your spirituality, sorry. they just aren't programmed to think like humans. if you have a dog, you have a responsibility to understand that though they eat more veggies than their ancestors they are still carnivores, in fact a subspecies of gray wolf, the only large carnivore we have ever domesticated.

If you can't handle that and give a dog what it's body mind and spirit craves (in other words, meat protein, not milk, not egg, but actual meat) go buy rabbits. Rabbits make very god pets that do not require the feeding of anything that used to have a face.

Dogs need the kind of diet that humans used to have back when we were hunter-gatherers. Humans need that kind of diet too, but we discovered agriculture, which is what made vegetarianism even feasible. Dogs need food pretty much in this order from most amounts to least: meat and/or insects, eggs, bone, veggies, nuts, fats, fruit, starches, cultured milk product(hard cheese or yogurt). You can stop safely after bone, and that works for prey model.

just, I'm sorry, but forcing your spiritual diet choice on an animal that can't understand is just wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Peanut, Jul 3 9:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Lying down to eat...should I be concerned?

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '14 6:09am PST 
completely normal to be laying down to eat. Think about how a dog eats a bone. They lay down and put it between their paws. Same with the dog food bowl. It's like us sitting down to eat, or reclinging on the sofa to eat. Only for dogs, it's a more natural position to eat in because it aligns thei stomach and their esophagus more naturally than bending the head down to the floor.

If it really concerns you that he is laying down to eat, try using an elevated food bowl. They are theoretically better for large dogs anyway, especially when it comes to the possibility of bloat. Elevated food bowls are reccomended for any dog over 40 lbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Firefly, Jul 10 7:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > free feeding

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '14 2:54am PST 
but it never lasts that long. They only get 1/3 cup per day. They have very small tummies.

Now, I have a friend that used to have a pekinese that had the weirdest self regulating habits. 1 cup food left on the floor would last her for up to a week. The dog just didn't like eating. She was never too skinny, she just didn't need too much.

My two suck down their food as soon as I fill the bowls, and were I to keep food down they would quickly make themselves very fat indeed. They just will not self regulate, and Tagget steals out of Foxxy's bowl given half the chane. He bullies her out of her place if we don't watch him. It would just be a very bad situation.

I learned about not free-feeding the pets from my parents who free-fed the cat until she was 20 lbs and bulemic. When I complained, because the cat would always find my things to yak on, they made it my chore to feed the cat 2 times per day. Free feeding is a bad idea for housepets.

We do offer water 24/7 as much as they can drink
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Tue 10:25 pm

Dog Health > Dog drank water with a spider in it?
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 10:15am PST 
Dogs drink out of lakes. That's pretty much a fish toilet and mass grave. they also drink out of mud puddles. A little spider in the water bowl is no problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Foxxy, Jun 10 10:15 am

(Page 1 of 86: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.