GO!

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Article: My Dog Was Addicted to Rawhide...
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 1:40pm PST 
Wiley loves berries also, Milton smile When we go berry picking, he'll eat them right off the bush. We have a deal...he can have all the ones that are below "pee level" & I get all the ones at the top laugh out loud Thorny berries, he sits & waits for me to toss him one.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 5 4:25 pm

German Shepherd > Bears
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 8:14pm PST 
Where I am, we have Blacks, but there are grizzly further north. The most encounters I've had were in my last house..on Vancouver Island. We had a flood one year that resulted in a ton of dead salmon on the river banks. The bears loved it & it wasn't unusual to see them almost daily.
We also had cougars..now they scare me! Silent, predatory killers. The only time I think we met one, Wiley was totally different. He sat down in the path & refused to follow me. No barking, but his hackles were up & there was no way he was moving, so I went back to him. He was air sniffing & staring into the woods. I quickly leashed Squ'mey (puppy at that time), grabbed a big stick, grabbed a quick handful of dirt & rocks & we reversed our way. Wiley kept doing a semi-circle behind us in about a 20 foot radius...not barking, but super intense, & he never went out in front of us. I was totally freaked. I never saw anything, but heard a few twigs crack. Whatever it was, it was definitely stalking us. I was so relieved when we got to the Jeep, I was shaking. A few days later I saw a cougar about 2 miles from where we had been (I was driving this time smile )
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 16 4:41 pm

German Shepherd > Bears

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 10:37pm PST 
Wiley is my bear dog. I came around a corner & about 50 m ahead, there was a bear in the gully. It started to charge, Wiley charged him! I was able to get to an abandoned car & then recalled him. He also charged one who was eating in the woods..minding its own business. This time, there was no refuge, so I grabbed the biggest stick I could & retreated backwards, yelling as I went. Not easy, considering it was a rustic hiking trail laugh out loud But this guy was just wanting to fatten up.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 16 4:41 pm

Grooming > Skunked

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 7:56am PST 
You can do a second application of The Remedy. Leave it on as long as you can & realy soak her. The smell will fade in time. Wiley is my skunk dog. He got it 3 times in 3 nights. We were in the middle of a long car/camping trip. The third time I left it on him for about 15 minutes, then did a regular bath about a week later. Although he smelled a bit when wet, it didn't last that long.
Good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Iris vom Zauberberg, Jun 5 6:34 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:27am PST 
hmmm...the name is rather offensive on a site with children. I don't care what you call it in your home, but to liken dog treats to a highly destructive drug is just not right.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 4:05 am

Dog Health > How Cold is Too Cold to Walk?
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 6:35pm PST 
It's a know your dog thing. Wiley will happily go for a walk, no coat, no boots, in -40C.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, Jan 1 6:11 am

Behavior & Training > Dogs new to horses . . .. what are the common reactions?

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:38am PST 
When Wiley saw his first horse, he did bark & run towards it, but the horse was bomb-proof & Wiley recalled on demand. I apologized to the rider, who then asked if I wanted Wiley to do a "meet n greet." I jumped at the chance, leashed him up & the man rode over & we did a controlled sniff & examination. Wiley did startle when the horse nickered gently at him, but after about 5 minutes he was totally fine. This was a group who rode in this park every weekend...unofficial park for both dogs & riders, so nobody wanted any issues. After that, he would just trot over, sniff the hind legs....always gave me heart palpitations...& then ignore them.
[notify]
» There has since been 181 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Jan 26 4:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > new to SD's - lots of questions (college, training, invisible disibilities)

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 8:38am PST 
You don't say which province you are in, but please carefully check your laws/regulations concerning Service Dogs in Canada. Every province is different. Some do not accept owner trained animals..or did not as of 2010.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 11:03 am

Behavior & Training > Breed Differences -- How Do They Impact Temperament, Behavior, Aggression, Training?

Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 10:52am PST 
Farley eek Lucky he stopped. Wiley chased a duck out onto the Bow River..during spring runoff! He was not giving up..the darn duck would swim towards him, then let the current take him back out. Wiley was just being typical teenage gsd..he knew what I wanted, but he didn't care..he was gonna get that duck! I ended up racing downriver to get him to swim/float to me. Man we stepped up training after that. Now he is able to walk nicely through the park with all the geese & ducks.But he still has the heart & desire to get even with that "lost duck." He scans those birds every time looking for the one that got awaylaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Nov 30 3:16 am

Behavior & Training > Teaching tricks: closing a cabinet?
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 6:46pm PST 
Kitryawave Thankfully he has not helped himself to any food...yet.laugh out loud I use the towel/tug so he knows that is the door he can open, so if there is no towel on the fridge door he won't open it. The last time we refreshed this I was feeding raw..so he did have quite an interest in the meat in the fridge.
Right now we are working on pushing the button at crosswalks. I want him to use his paw, but right now I'm rewarding any touch of the button. We had one jackpot where he actually did make the light change..but he didn't repeat it once we crossed to the other side. But that's OK..practice, practice, practice.
On a funny-sad note..a woman asked me why my service dog was not in a vest & chastised me for him being "not trained good yet, huh?" I smiled and told her he is not a service dog, just a smarty-pants learning new things. naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alva BH, Oct 10 11:41 am

(Page 1 of 54: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.