Postings by Fitzgerald

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I wish our shelter allowed "pit bull" adoptions
Fitzgerald

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 12:06pm PST 
Our shelter is a city-run shelter. They have to take everything in, but don't have to adopt everything out.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I wish our shelter allowed "pit bull" adoptions
Fitzgerald

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 3:18pm PST 
A friend checked into it for me, and a vet looked over him and he had major intestinal issues and had to be put down. Poor baby. little angel
At least he is in a place where he won't have to be in a cage and be in pain.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 1:15pm PST 
Unfortunately, he was put down yesterday. I hope this will at least make them choose more carefully when labeling a breed.

The puppy was redeemed by his owner, so that's good.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19401567
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 5:02pm PST 
I adopted my senior Beagle Beulah from this shelter. She was 10 years old and heartworm positive. However, they don't actually heartworm test them until someone adopts them, so I don't know what the issue is.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 12:29pm PST 
When I have the time and resources, I really want to start a rescue/sanctuary for senior dogs to either be adopted if possible, or just live out their final days comfortably.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 6:52pm PST 
I wonder what health issues he has that will cause him to not be adopted.
Unfortunately, the boxer rescue I contacted was full.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 4:23pm PST 
I am going to go down there on Wednesday to see who all is still there (my work schedule will not permit me to do so before then) and I'll let you know about the pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 4:22pm PST 
Murphy, my aunt and uncle are very interested in rescuing a Bull Terrier, but have not been able to find anything in the KC area. What organization does that lady work for.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 12:44pm PST 
Good news. I talked to our humane educator, and she got him re-labeled. Now I just hope that someone will take a chance on an older boxer. The lady from the boxer rescue told me that he looks to be about 8 and they live to be 8-12 years old.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19401519
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

Fitzgerald

Barked: Sun May 1, '11 7:59pm PST 
I sent an e-mail to the Missouri Kansas Boxer rescue. I just know he won't have much time left. Dogs have five days plus a Saturday to be redeemed, then they go up for adoption, which is not possible in his case.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Molly, Jul 3 8:11 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.