Postings by Mischa

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Service & Therapy Dogs > A big milestone for Bradley!
Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Mon Nov 9, '09 2:51pm PST 
Congrats to Bradley and to you! I'm sure it's a really exciting feeling. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 9 8:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > When freezing kongs...
Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Mon Nov 9, '09 2:44pm PST 
I got one of the Kong puppy bones for Mischa and I was just wondering, what do you guys stuff in your dog's kongs? Do you use the Kong 'treats' or some other kind? Trying to get an idea on what would be best to use. xD
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Vance CGC, Nov 9 7:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > what do you feed your dog?

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Mon Nov 9, '09 6:12am PST 
1. Sardines - never.

2. Canned salmon - sometimes.

3. Tuna - rarely.

4. Fruit - we share.

5. Veggies - rarely.

6. Yogurt - we share.

7. Raw egg - never.

8. Cooked egg - never.

9. Cooked meat - we share.

10. Raw meat - always.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Geisha, Nov 9 1:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > So according to the ADA...

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Sat Nov 7, '09 10:34pm PST 
I think people (most of them anyway) are just idiots. I just recently had a similar issue, not SD related but had a company trying to say I owed them money on a college loan - nevermind the fact I was last in college in 2004 and they are just now contacting me. I sent them a form they sent to me for my doctor to fill out stating my disability and why I was on SSI benefits, saying there was no way I could pay them the amount they wanted on my income. Well they send back a letter saying, "We have deemed you as not disabled and still want your money," basically.

My mother, of course, was furious. I am not disabled? I was /born/ with my disability, had years of physical therapy, had to have speech therapy, and even had to have a special chair in school (with wheels on it) in order to see the chalkboard if head turning was involved since I can't turn my head - at all. But according to them I'm not disabled, even when I'm on SSI. It's just like saying Ando isn't a PSD even though he does all the PSD tasks for you, so according to them he can't get his tag.

I'd do whatever you could to find out who the head of that department is and even go in there personally if you have to, I find that people are much less likely to refuse you if you confront them with the facts face to face than they are over the phone. Good luck with all of it though, hun!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 5:53 pm

Food & Nutrition > Bully sticks and the truth...

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Sat Nov 7, '09 10:18pm PST 
I've never bought that toy before for my dogs, their stomachs don't agree with the rawhide type toys and such that they can eat eventually. I will say though, I have had calf fry and will admit I'd have it again if offered. It was really good!

Calf fry being calf testicles, lol. They taste like chicken, seriously. xD I thought it was chicken until my dad told me what it really was!
[notify]
» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Nov 20 11:59 am

Food & Nutrition > Thinking of trying Diamond Naturals?
Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Sat Nov 7, '09 8:42pm PST 
Wow, that's a lot more than what I paid for mine! o.o

I got a 30 pound bag of TOTW for only 34 dollars at the local feed store.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Nov 14 9:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > Opinion on dog foods.

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Fri Nov 6, '09 11:00pm PST 
Gave my dogs their new food tonight mixed with their old as I gradually increase them on the new... and they loved it! Especially the chicken medallions, haha. I noticed it took them a bit longer to eat than normal which is good, since my oldest dog injests her food practically.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mischa, Nov 6 11:00 pm

Food & Nutrition > Opinion on dog foods.

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Fri Nov 6, '09 1:33pm PST 
Well, we went to the feed store today and stocked up on the good food! Unfortunately they didn't carry Nature's Variety in kibble or canned, so I had to get Taste of the Wild - Pacific Stream Canine for Mischa and Maggie. Luckily the groomer I take my schnauzers to has fed TOTW to her dogs as puppies one of which is a large breed so she's told me how to measure the food to make sure Mischa doesn't get too much calcium. We also got Canidae Grain Free for Mandy since her skin allergies are so bad. Then finally we got some NV Chicken raw medallions for their food, so all in all I'm hoping for the best with this!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mischa, Nov 6 11:00 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > To make my day TEN thousand times worse...

Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 5:18pm PST 
Ugh, yeah, that's downright idiotic then. *hugs* I have no doubt you'll sort through this and get your tag, but like you said... you shouldn't HAVE to go to these measures to get one. It should be a no brainer Ando is a PSD.

I'm rooting for you! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 6 12:13 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > To make my day TEN thousand times worse...
Mischa

~ SDIT ~

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 5:11pm PST 
I swear most people will deny you for anything with the dumbest reasons why these days. I feel for you. :/ Especially since I get the, "But you aren't blind or in a wheel chair so why do you need a service dog?" run around all the time... even when my disability is physical and obvious! But since I can walk good enough apparently I shouldn't need one. *huffs* Like Barkley's owner said, people are just dumb. That in itself is depressing, lol.

Just keep pestering those guys until you get your tag! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 6 12:13 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.