GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I saw you crying dad! I'm okay! Really!
Kai

Still even more- to learn.

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 7:01pm PST 
Kaidence,we are not suprized at all,although we never met her,she left our pawrents just a few weeks before Mika joined the family. Mommy still misses her and cries sometimes,she knows that Mattie is much happier across the bridge but it still hurts Mommy that she can't be with us here as well. She actually sent me to help Mommy when Mika couldn't. We are glad you are not alone anymore but feel sad that your pawrents are now missing another of their pack.hughughughug to them and flowershugrainbow for you and your furbling who are watching over them. Perhaps one of you should whisper to the new pup,how to make them feel better,my sister Mattie does that for me,and I can usually make Mommy smile again.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Cleo (In Memory), Jul 7 5:09 pm

Dog Health > Clinical depression and your dog
Kai

Barked: Sat Sep 24, '11 7:30am PST 
Zoey,Ziva&Shellie,
Sorry about the mistake.It was your support I meant to acknowledge.
Mika&Kai's Mom
[notify]
» There has since been 18.8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:31 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye To Jessie

Kai

Barked: Sat Sep 24, '11 7:27am PST 
Beau,
Sorry I shortened your name. My Mommy knows I'm not her Mattie but she does believe Mattie sent me. Mommy was 40+ in line for a puppy after waiting a year to find a breeder. She ended up with me the first male and 5th puppy of my litter.Something just made the breeder decide I belonged with my Mom and moved her up on the list. I also do things that Mattie did and they are things Mattie taught herself just as the things I do are.Mommy loves my older sister Mika but Mommy and I have a special bond!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel Annie, Sep 24 2:23 pm

Kai

Barked: Sat Sep 24, '11 6:25am PST 
ZZV&Devon,
Thank-you for helping support me in believing it is not a diagnosis or lack of it that makes a pet owner good or bad. AS I have stated throughout this thread,mine and my husband are the reason I get out of bed and at worst mine might miss their morning walk or some social time on the front porch.Severity of illness,compliance to treatment,proper meds,which can take awhile for some people,and personality of the person all come into play.As do other health factors. I suffer from depression,follow my treatment plan,and take care of my dogs,they are trained,potty outside,get regular vet care,eat well everyday,and are beautiful. All you have to do to see that it doesn't take a diagnosis of depression to make a bad pet owner is watch a few episodes of any one of the "Animal Cops " type shows on Animal Planet. Alot of those people are horrible pet owners and I'll bet they don't all suffer from depression.
[notify]
» There has since been 19.8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:31 am

Puppy Place > Breed Guess AGAIN

Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 5:00pm PST 
Alice,
I had the same problem many years ago was told pup was pure Shepherd she looked just like Alice she was mixed with Rottie.She was hit by a drunk driver who backed through our fence and into our back yard.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Alice, Oct 9 1:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > I feed pedigree
Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 10:39am PST 
Maggie and Adam,
Both wonderful posts!!!! I feed the best I can in my price range and availability in my area. My dogs are happy,healthy,beautiful,and doing well I won't let anyone tell me I'm not doing my best for them or shouldn't own them because they disagree with my food choice. I have many considerations to look at in my choice of food just because I don't feed them Innova@ $90/20lb. bag doesn't mean I don't love them or shouldn't have them it just means $180/mo. is beyond my means at this point.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:56 am

Dog Health > 17 week old pom only pooping twice a day?

Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 10:25am PST 
As long as he is otherwise behaving normally and your vet says he's healthy,consider yourself lucky.Less Poo=Less clean-up.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 23 10:25 am

Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 8:24am PST 
Sabi,
That's exactly how Kai is he makes me get out of bed but if he senses I'm having a rough time he lets me go right back to bed and stays with me,as close as he can cuddle,however when I bounce back he does,too. I don't consider that depression in him just a sort of empathy or the sense that something is not right with me so he wants to comfort me. As soon as I feel better he behaves like his big,dopey,stubborn, limit testing,adolescent Akita self I don't think that would be the case if he were truly depressed.
[notify]
» There has since been 24.8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:31 am

Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 7:36am PST 
Sabi,
We saw some of that with Mattie as well,she would try really hard not to poop in the strange new backyard but my daughter still lives in the old house and Mattie when taken there would go to her favorite potty spot and relieve herself without hesitation. It took a week and a half before she'd poop here. Sabs probably doesn't quite get it that the old house isn't her home anymore. I hope our original poster is still looking in even if not posting and has had at least some of their questions answered,that's how this all got started afterall. I also appreciate the much better turn the post has taken.
It's so much better when we can share inform and help each other and our pets as well. So thanks everyone for sharing and remembering to be kind. We are showing that we are all good caring people willing to help. This is the part of Dogster I like best.
[notify]
» There has since been 27.8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:31 am

Kai

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 6:33am PST 
Trigger,
Very well thought out and worded post. I have to agree that I don't believe a move causes "depression" in a dog. Having Akita's I can honestly say that they are fine as long as we (their people) are there and I have moved with an elderly dog. My Mattie was nine when we moved from the house she grew up in to our current house,as long as she knew I was here with her ( I was her person) she adjusted easily.
I also growing up had a cocker spaniel which due to my circumstances stayed with my parents even after they moved,but always was happy to see me and although she was fine and adjusted well with my parents always was told when I was coming and chose listening to me over listening to them when I was around. Otherwise it didn't bother her at all.She ate,played,socialized,and behaved like herself. As far as the loss of another pet I think they pick-up on human feelings and also become bored from no longer having the other pet to interact with. THat is not in my opinion depression.
[notify]
» There has since been 30.8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 28 1:31 am

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.