GO!

Other Barks & Woofs > Anyone have a dog blog?!?

Athena

Face kissing is- my favorite!

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 8:11pm PST 
Looking for followers and others to follow!

Anyone have a dog based blog? Or a blog about you and your dog(s)?

Athena and I are at:

http://girlandherakita.tumblr.com
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 2:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain & Gluten Free Dog Treats
Athena

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 7:50pm PST 
HEY!

We've come up with a line of Grain and Gluten free dog treats and I wanted to share a link.

Varieties:
Apple Strudel
Blueberry Cobbler *coming soon*
Cranberry Scone *coming soon*

All natural ingredients purchased from a local farmer's market. No by products, corn, wheat, soy, dyes or artificial preservatives.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66826475/12-grain-gluten-free-apple- strudel
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 27 7:50 pm

Akita > The color of an Akita

Athena

Barked: Sun Mar 7, '10 7:02am PST 
yep yep yep....long hair akitas are out there. Infact a girl a knew in high school has two akitas and her big male is a "shaggy" coat. He's extremely big too so he is really like a huge wooly bear lol. I love Akitas with the solid black or dark grey coats with the white. That's the original color I wanted but I love Athena and I think she's perfect. cloud 9

Sounds like they are going to be beautiful pups.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 5:07 pm

Akita > "Akita's are genetically aggressive"

Athena

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 8:43am PST 
OH....and if he ever brings up bite statistics.....ask him how many people reported small dog bites? I think Chihuahuas would dominate that list. 80% of dog bites reported are from large breed dogs...just because the little ones don't have the power to do serious damage....it doesn't mean the intent isn't there.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 2:37 pm

Akita > "Akita's are genetically aggressive"

Athena

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 1:06am PST 
You are very right about aggressiveness being a behavior and not a genetic trait. Akitas are bred for their loyalty to their family and making important quick-snap decisions if anything were to happen to their family or home (it's one of the wonderful things that sets them apart from other breeds). Akitas in general like people....not always love...but like. They are very close to their family but can be wary of strangers. Akitas are fearless and will 100% undoubtedly defend thier family and home. I've seen many akitas and have yet to find one aggressive one. My Akita happens to love people she's intorduced to. ...trust me....the Chihuahua I'm fostering is far more a threat to the everyday person than my akita is.

It's like any other breed of dog with fearlessness, drive and power. If they are not trained correctly or if brought up in such a way to promote aggressive behavior then yes....you will have an aggressive dog.

How many breeds are there that are claimed to be these horribly aggressive breeds...lets see

Akitas
Dobermans
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Cane Corsos
Pit Bulls
Chows
Sher Pei
Mastiffs
Bull Dogs
Jindo
Presa Carnario

I can tell you right now....I've met everyone of these breeds excluding the Jindo on more than one occasion and I have yet to see an aggressive dog out of this list.

The dogs that have been aggressive and have bitten me or my co-workers:

Welsh Corgi (their very weird about their feet)
Dachshunds
Chihuahuas
Jack Russells
Cocker Spaniels
Springer Spaniels (a friend of mine had to have reconstructive facial surgery after grooming one of these dogs)
Huskies
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 2:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.