Postings by Achilles

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Siberian Husky > A Guide to Owning Siberian Huskies
Achilles

Snow dogs love- the beach

Barked: Wed Jun 9, '10 6:18am PST 
This is one of the articles I read before I got Achilles. A lot of great info.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 12:32 pm

Siberian Husky > couple q's for ya husky owners
Achilles

Barked: Wed Jun 9, '10 6:15am PST 
Achilles is a much lazier dog in the summer. In the cooler months we go to the park, on walks, biking, he's just a lot more active. In the heat of the summer he's ready to go in after a 20 minute walk around the block or 10 minutes of playing in the back yard. I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot. It was over 100 yesterday with the heat index, I guess I'd rather be inside on the cold tile with the ac blasting too lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Odin --Aug-Dec 2010--, Nov 24 3:40 pm

Siberian Husky > Huskies and infants

Achilles

Barked: Fri May 14, '10 11:40am PST 
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of a CD with baby noises. I'm going to use that. He is crate trained and gets plenty of exercise. Sassy, thanks for the picture you posted. It really hit home and gave me that "warm tingly feeling." I cant' wait for my dog and my daughter to meet. I cant help but imagine them running and playing together in the back yard. Good times ahead!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 16 5:54 pm

Siberian Husky > does the furminator work?

Achilles

Barked: Wed May 12, '10 8:00pm PST 
I love it!!!! Well worth the investment.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Argo, Jun 8 7:52 pm

Siberian Husky > Huskies and infants

Achilles

Barked: Wed May 12, '10 7:40pm PST 
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted here. Life has been busy so I don't get as much computer time as I used to. My wife and I are expecting our first child this July and I was just looking for some tips on how to introduce her to Achilles. He will be 2 this July(maybe thy will have the same birthday). He is fantastic with kids. My nieces and nephews play with him all the time and he loves it. I'm just not sure how he will handle an infant. I'm optimistic I'm not really going to have any problems because he is a very well behaved dog, but any advise would be appreciated. He's never been around an infant so I really don't know what to expect. Anyone out there who has experience with this subject?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 16 5:54 pm

Siberian Husky > When did your husky stop growing?
Achilles

Barked: Wed Apr 7, '10 10:54am PST 
Fixing your dog definitely does not stunt their growth. Achilles was neutered at 3 1/2 months. He will be 2 in July and he is still growing. He is now 26 inches to the top of his shoulders and he's flirting with 70lbs. I cant keep up with him. Just when he appears to start filling in, he hits another growth spurt. His parents are both on the smaller side and the breeder said that they both stopped growing around 1 year. I guess it all depends on your pup. I just hope mine stops growing soon. He can easily reach the top of the counter and I've lost a few steaks when I had my back turned lol. Good luck with your pup. She is beautiful.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ava, NTD, Apr 15 6:33 am

Raw Food Diet > R.I.P.

Achilles

Barked: Tue Feb 9, '10 6:21am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to understand what you are feeling right now. You have my deepest sympathy.hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Feb 13 10:11 am

Raw Food Diet > If your dog has/had allergies...

Achilles

Barked: Fri Jan 22, '10 4:09pm PST 
Achilles had horrible allergies. At first I thought they were seasonal but they never went away. I felt horrible, all he would do is bite at himself and scratch all day every day. I used to have to take him to the vet monthly for a shot and anti-itch pills. I switched his food 3 times thinking it was a food allergy and nothing was working. Then I tried raw. No exaggeration, I started seeing results from the first day. Every day there was less and less itching until he got to the point of no itching at all. I'm assuming there is something in the dehydration process that doesn't agree with him but I'll never go back to kibble again. On top of the whole allergy thing his teeth are as white as his fur, his coat has thickened and has gotten a lot softer, and he's gained weight. He's reaped a lot of benefits from raw. He did have a problem with diarrhea for a while and I got in it with my vet about his diet but that drama is all over. I switched my vet to another who is not for feeding raw, but he's not against it either. About 3 months ago I tweaked his diet to half raw half homecooked and he's been doing fantastic(knock on wood). His stools are always solid and he really looks great. Stick with feeding raw, your dog will be healthier and happier, trust me. You might have some up and down moments with his diet until you tweak it and find what works for your dog. But it's well worth it. Good luck with everything.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Opie CGC, Jan 22 4:43 pm

Siberian Husky > Husky in Florida

Achilles

Barked: Fri Jan 15, '10 7:10am PST 
I live in Florida as well(although next year we will be moving back to NY). Huskies do fine here. You just cant over do it. Make sure there is plenty of water and shaded areas. Most of the dog parks down here are well shaded so we go there a lot. The beach is also something we do a lot in the summer. Achilles loves the beach. Just make sure you bring an umbrella for some shade when your pup wants out of the sun. You can pretty much do anything with your dog just make sure you don't push them to hard. For example in the winter our bike rides are about 4-6 miles, in the summer on a hot day at about 1 mile Achilles is ready to go home and lay on the tile. Just make sure you take breaks and again bring plenty of water. You will be fine. Congrats on the new husky. They're the best.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jan 27 7:37 pm

Siberian Husky > Is My appearance going to change?
Achilles

Barked: Fri Jan 15, '10 6:43am PST 
Achilles has the same coat. Like Misty said, it's long and dense but it lies straight down as opposed to being thick and bushy. His coat did thicken a lot from 1 year- 1 1/2 years old, mostly around his neck and butt. He still does not have that fluffy coat that you see on a lot of huskies though. It's just the way it is. Do a Google search on husky pics and you'll see that some are thick and bushy while others are not. I kinda prefer the less fluffy coat, It really shows off how athletic these dogs really are. Sometimes when Achilles is standing still and straight, I catch myself admiring how impressive of a build he has. Either way, Fluffy or not fluffy. Sibes are the coolest dogs you can own.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Achilles, Jan 15 6:43 am

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.