Postings by Susie

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs
Susie

love going on- trail rides with- the horse

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:27pm PST 
Just lately I have seen a couple of different ads for Pug x Dobermans. Why would anyone every want to do that? I am quite sure they could not naturally breed with each other unless you had a really small Doberman and a great big Pug.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Baby, Mar 10 10:42 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Stolen dog returned now someone is knocking at my door
Susie

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 1:37pm PST 
I live in the country and when we found a lost dog with a Vet tattoo in her ear, we phoned up the Vet and they gave us the owners name and phone no. Our Vet puts a tattoo in their ear when they spay or neuter them. I really do not see anything wrong with that as we have no Shelter or anywhere in our area to turn a dog into.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Puppy Place > Kinda need some advice ( dad in laws dog)

Susie

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 1:01pm PST 
My nephews house burnt down last year. My sister has his two cats and Sheltie at her place. (They were lucky they escaped through the cat door as nobody was home).

She barks a lot and they have some other dogs of their own. She would like to rehome the dog as it looks like it will be a long time thing, but she is not going to do it if her son wants to keep her. He has lost everything and she would not force him to also get rid of the dog, no matter how much it barks. He rescued the dog when she was about 9 years old and has had her three years.

I really think you should try and work something out and not force your father-in-law to get rid of his dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Jan 26 3:06 pm

Dog Health > Heat question

Susie

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 6:00pm PST 
You would not want to wait 4 or 5 months as she is very likely to come back in heat in 6 months. I would wait 4 or 5 weeks though as some of them when they are not bred seem to stay willing a lot longer.

Make sure you give her a good bath before you take her near other dogs as she will still smell like she is in heat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Susie, Sep 29 6:00 pm

Puppy Place > Honest opinions - do playpens ever really work?

Susie

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 10:25am PST 
I do the same thing as Toto with any puppies I raise. The one thing I have changed is that I use a box with wood pellets in it rather than the newspaper. I have never had any problem with housetraining them to go outside. If I have a puppy in the wintertime and it is 30 below, I don't like going out with a young puppy and having to stand out there and freeze, so the pellet boxes work good.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Keiko, Nov 6 9:57 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Three aggravating stories re: service dogs
Susie

Barked: Fri Aug 27, '10 1:29pm PST 
In the one small mall in our town ONLY Seeing-Eye dogs are allowed.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Becker, CGC, LEK-SD, Aug 27 6:05 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Really? That's one of the silly mixes I've every heard o.

Susie

Barked: Fri Mar 26, '10 8:45am PST 
Many years ago when we were young and foolish, we bred our male Scottie to my husband's German Shepherd/Coyote mix. She looked just like a small German Shepherd. The Scottie needed a bit of help but he got the job done. That was back when cross-bred dogs were never sold, just given away. (Talking about back in the fifties)

The pups turned out looking a lot like Corgis. I would not do it again but nowadays they would probably be the latest "fad" dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 8:23 pm

Dog Health > Thoughts? Hypothyroidism?

Susie

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 10:19am PST 
Thanks, I will take her to a different Vet although the next nearest is about 60 miles from me and see if they can find something. The Vet here said to get her retested again in a few months but at over $100.00 a time it starts to add up especially if they are missing something. It makes me so mad when they keep telling me I MUST be feeding her too much when I know exactly how much she is getting.

Maybe I can find a Vet that will put her on the medication to see if there is any difference in her. I just know that her weight and lethargy are just now normal. She acts like an old dog, my sister's eleven year old Shepherd cross has more energy than her.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Mar 18 9:47 am

Dog Health > Thoughts? Hypothyroidism?

Susie

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 9:25am PST 
Susie my Bernese cross has been tested twice for Thyroid, the second time with the more in depth test and they found nothing. She is six years old this year and I have been fighting with her weight for the past two years. She is a spayed female.

I was doing Agility with her and she loved it but then gradually she started slowing down. At the last trial in November she completely quit and I ended up scratching her out of the rest of her classes.

She has a nice shiny coat but does not have the energy she used to have. We only have one Vet hospital in our area and they don't want to even try her on medication to see if it helps. She weighs 80 lbs. and only gets two small cups of a grain free food every day. (the recommended amount to feed that weight of dog is 3-4 cups so even if they over estimate, 2 cups a day is not a lot). She has not lost any weight.

The Vet sold me some expensive diet food, guaranteed to make her lose weight and she gained a pound. Is there any way you can get medication for thyroid except through a Vet?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Quincy- FM TFE-II TDIAOV CGC, Mar 18 9:47 am

Sports & Agility > Help?
Susie

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 8:36am PST 
Since he is a purebred Labrador, if he is neutered, you can get a registration number from the AKC so you can show him in Obedience, Agility, etc. , just not conformation shows. I forget what it is called but someone else can probably tell you.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Juniper CGC , Nov 30 7:20 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.