Postings by Bailey

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > Signs of Allergies to Food
Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 1:40pm PST 
There's a difference between food allergies and food intolerance.

A food intolerance is when a dog cannot properly digest a food. this will result in digestive issues like gas, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, etc.

A food allergy is when the immune system reacts to a food. Symptoms of that is skin infections, ear infections, rashes, itchiness, irritated skin, etc.

http://www.dog-food-quality.com/hypoallergenic-dog-food.html
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Aug 16 10:19 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Vote For Bailey In The Colorful Pet Contest
Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '12 7:33am PST 
This contest ends on Friday, so please vote ASAP!!!

The prize of this contest is an abstract hand painting of your dog ($175 value).

It's a wonderful prize, but instead of having my dog painted, I plan on donating the prize as a raffle at my next agility trial.

All the proceeds of the raffle will be donated to the National Canine Cancer Foundation.

So please vote for Bailey and pass the above link on to all your friends.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Apr 11 11:29 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please vote for Maya

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 11:23am PST 
Just voted. Share the love and vote for Bailey wink

http://blog.trupanion.com/2012/04/my-colorful-pet-bailey/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Apr 9 11:23 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Vote For Bailey In The Colorful Pet Contest

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 11:20am PST 
Bailey is a finalist in Trupanion's "Colorful Pet Contest."

Right now she is in 2nd place and is losing to a hairless cat! I love cats, but we can't lose to one.

The great thing about this contest is you don't have to sign up for anything to vote. All you need is to "like" the blog from your facebook account.

Go to this link and click the "like" button below her picture. If you don't see the "like" button then wait 5 minutes for the page to load and another box will appear on the right side of the page. Again, all you have to do it click the FB "like" button.

http://blog.trupanion.com/2012/04/my-colorful-pet-bailey/

She really does have a colorful personality and brings her frisbee back like that.

Thanks so much everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Apr 11 11:29 am

Food & Nutrition > TOTW = pooping more?

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 10:51am PST 
I switched my dog from california natural lamb and rice to TOTW sierra mountain (lamb). She also went from pooping 1-2 times a day to 3-4 times a day after the switch to totw. TOTW does have more fiber then Cali Natural. As long as her poop was normal, I wasn't concerned by the increase. My issue was that she was asking to go out and poop in the middle of the night. She even had a few accidents in the house. I decreased the amount of food she was eating and now feed her the majority of her food in the morning. She does get a little kibble for dinner, but it's not a 50/50 split. This has really helped her. After about 5 weeks on TOTW, she is now back to pooping 2-3 times a day.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Nala, Dec 30 11:04 am

Food & Nutrition > My dog seems to have GI issues that I haven't been able to solve...
Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 3:05pm PST 
You said she was positive for worms and while on the dewormer she was better, but once the medicine was done, she had loose stool again? I would do another round of deworming. Sounds to me like the first treatment of deworming wasn't effective enough and she might need longer treatment.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gus, Dec 3 10:49 am

Dog Health > Dog flu?

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 12:11pm PST 
My dog had this virus, but she also had blood in her diarrhea. I took her to vet where she got some meds. She was better in 24 hours. 6 days later, my other dog came down with the same symptoms and had to be treated. The next day, my third dog was starting to get loose stool, so we treated her with medicine and a bland diet before it got as bad as the other two dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 8:02 am

Dog Health > Informal poll about cancer in dogs

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 12:25pm PST 
1. Have you ever lost a dog to cancer? No and hopefully not anytime soon

2. If so, how old was it? My chihuahua was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor at 5 1/2, but most likely had it since she was 4 1/2

3. Do you think dog food is a cause of cancer in dogs? it's possible. the first 5 years of her life, she was fed Eukanuba. This was before I knew about high quality dog food. Now she eats wellness.

4. Do you think over vaccinating is a cause of cancer? It is very possible. Sadly, I believe she has been overvaccinated.

5. Do you think 3 *and * 4 together are a cause of cancer? Yes

6. Do you think something not mentioned here is a cause of cancer?
could be genetics, could be environmental. I really don't know the cause.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Popeye (1993 - 2006), Nov 8 4:10 pm

Dog Health > lowering high urine pH

Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 9:34am PST 
My dog had a high urine PH and constant UTI's as a puppy. She has been taking 250mg of Vitamin C and only drinks bottled water. She does not eat prescription food. She was eating california natural, but we recently switched to TOTW.

The vitamin C has done wonders for her. Since she has been taking Vitamin C, her urine PH has been normal and no UTI's. When we stopped vitamin C for a short time, she contracted a UTI. Also, when she was taking 500mg vitamin C, she developed crystals. It's sort of trial and error with vitamin C.

If I was you, I would start with 500mg then do a urine test to see how her ph level is and adjust her dosage accordingly. You should also discuss this with your vet.

Good luck!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Nov 3 8:27 pm

Dog Health > Ideas of treats that aren\'t beef, chicken or lamb based?
Bailey

Wild Child

Barked: Wed Aug 25, '10 7:28am PST 
Zuke's Mini Naturals are great training treats. They have a salmon flavor and a peanut butter flavor.

They also make some great chews for your dog's teeth. They come in cranberry and carrot flavors.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mississippi, Aug 25 6:58 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.