Postings by Snickers

GO!

(Page 1 of 130: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Old owner wants my brother in law to give dog back
Snickers

Momma is the- center of the- universe...

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 10:03am PST 
What were the circumstances that lead to the dog being rehomed?
Did they do any paperwork to transfer ownership?

I just read his biography.
Are his former owners seeing the results of any training done by your BIL and sister and thinking the dog is cured?
Have they taken the dog to the vet?

Any paperwork or documents would be good in establishing ownership. Otherwise it's his word against theirs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Thu 10:50 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > How to post links in forums?
Snickers

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 9:48am PST 
I've been busy for the last year and the old methods are not available. What is the format for adding links?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Thu 9:48 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Therapy dog/ Apartments opinion?

Snickers

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 7:12am PST 
Buddy, you asked if you could force a landlord to accept a therapy dog under the ADA laws.
The answer is a firm no. Check the ADA website for the laws and three classes as defined by the ADA.
1. Service dog. 2. Emotional support animal. 3. Therapy dog.

And you should understand why it might anger someone with a physical disability that you are asking to cheat the system.
It's like parking in the handicap space because you are only going to be there 5 minutes.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Brycone , Sun 3:25 pm

Behavior & Training > Humping-excitement or anxiety?

Snickers

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 9:16am PST 
It tends to be excitement and or dominance. In the case you mention, it was probably both.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Jan 9 9:16 am

Dog Health > Worried and Angry About Lab Left Outside

Snickers

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 4:33pm PST 
I live in Connecticut where the law just got extra tough on tethering and leaving pets out in bad weather. Does your town or state have such laws?

As for AC and police, they may not do anything until you become more of a hassle than dealing with your nasty neighbors.

Document, document! Film, pictures, and note times and dates. Especially if they aren't bringing any food or water to the dog.

I can imagine your frustration. I don't understand why some people have pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 1:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Seizure dog
Snickers

Barked: Thu Jan 2, '14 8:17pm PST 
Charlie is correct. A dog can be trained as a service dog to aide a person with seizures, but there is no way to know if a dog will ever predict seizures.
You are very lucky to have such a dog and I encourage you to continue looking for another with this rare gift.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Jan 2 8:17 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > A Rescue vs Rehome Rant

Snickers

Barked: Thu Jan 2, '14 8:13pm PST 
I'm okay with a resource that dissuades owners from dumping their pets at a shelter.
I think I should try and put something together....There should be a resource like that in CT.

I know a woman that tried to re-home the family Boston Terrier on Craigslist and go a bunch of hate mail instead of offers. Needless to say she removed the add and the poor dog is still not trained. If it weren't for Snickers I would take the little boy myself.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Jan 19 10:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Thoughts on breeds for people who are not that involved with their dog

Snickers

Barked: Fri Dec 13, '13 9:55pm PST 
Your friends need to fit a dog to their life style and that doesn't mean a breed - it means a temperament and energy level.
For every breed there are exceptions. For example, I have had 2 Chocolate Labs and they were polar opposites in every way.
They should look for a "turn-key" dog. Snickers was "turn-key", once we put some weight on him. He is a major suck up with people. As an only dog he is quiet, snuggly and mellow. Happy to lay by the fire 24/7, but also a joy to walk if someone pulls out a leash.

This does mean a lot of shopping at shelters or with rescue groups to find the right fit.
I wish them luck in their search.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:31 am

Dog Health > HELP Screaming when mouth is touched but not a tooth issue?

Snickers

Barked: Tue Nov 26, '13 7:21pm PST 
You might want to bring this up with the Vet, as it sounds like he/she already suspects this might be the problem.
Masticatory Muscle myositis

Unfortunately, once steroids are given a biopsy to diagnose the disease may give a false negative.

Hope she gets better soon.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Josie *Forever in Our Hearts* , Nov 29 4:07 pm

Behavior & Training > My English bulldogs want to kill each other! HELP :(
Snickers

Barked: Tue Nov 26, '13 2:58pm PST 
I'm with Fox,
She tested the waters, now she wants to rub out the competition. She needs to be an only dog and any new owner needs to know her history
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Nov 26 2:58 pm

(Page 1 of 130: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.