GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Behavior & Training > Going potty in the rain
Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 9:33am PST 
Take her to your vet and rule out any medical problems. There are anti anxiety medications dogs can take to help them deal with anxiety. It wouldn't hurt to look for a good behaviorist, check qualifications, or positive trainer.

I am terrified of thunder storms and I take X anax twice a day if a storm is expected or during hunting season, gun fire, and the 4th, fireworks.

(be aware that it may take some trial and error to make find the correct medication, trainer or combination so don't give up hope if your first try isn't successful.)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 14 5:44 pm

Grooming > What is the best and safest way to clean a dirty backside?
Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Fri Feb 28, '14 12:55pm PST 
I use a bucket, warm water,a little soap, and a sponge that isn't used on anything else. I also get my pants trimmed to keep any kind of mess down.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 30 6:45 pm

Dog Health > Did Y'all Know that Vet Care Costs BIG $$$!!??

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 7:13am PST 
Tosha, I am sorry about your friends dog, but TPLO is the best treatment for a torn ACL. I have had two of them for a total of $5000. I am as good as new now. If this ever comes up again, you need to find a board certified spec ialist to do the surgery and follow the aftercare advice to the letter.

A lot of the time hospital and vet bills are high is because of the almost miraculous things that can now be done.

PS human animals can die due to lack of insurance. ERs just have to stabilize charity patients, not treat them. Mandated health insurance is a good thing. But Dogster is not the place to discuss our various view point.

hughughughug For Scruffy and his person

PS the government had nothing to do with dogster closing. It is the loser who bought the company for a profitable magazine and doesn't care to mess with the forums.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 25 6:23 am

Dog Health > CCL Tear and Allergies - Just a Mess

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Tue Dec 17, '13 6:07am PST 
I had TPLO in both knees. I am as good as new and I recommend this surgery over the other in a larger dog. (My parents larger dog had the tight rope surgery, it only lasted a few years)

Good Luck
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 6:07 am

Dog Health > Lola Bear going into surgery today... good energy/prayers requested

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 3:30pm PST 
hug Lola, I had TPLO on both knees. I am as good as new and I know you will be to. Thinking of you. Pip, Fritz, and the pack.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 8:28 am

Dog Health > Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture with no meniscal involvement
Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 10:42am PST 
I had both my knees done back to back about 3 or 4 years ago. So far I am as good as new and I have had no problems with the metal hardware, I had the TPLO. I have heard that the fishing line surgery works better on small dogs and not so well on big ones.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 3:06 pm

Dog Health > Pet Insurance

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 3:31am PST 
My insurance paid for both of my knees to be fixed, about $5000 dollars. Cocoa has hip dysplasia covered. It is a little extra money and has to be purchased when the dog is young. Buyer beware, you have to know what you are buying and what is covered.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 4:35 am

Dog Health > CCL Tear and what to do

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 9:56pm PST 
BOL, My injury was not acute like yours. It was a tear caused by poor conformation. I never favored the leg after surgery. I walked out of the vets office 4 square on 4 legs. Be glad he is starting to use the leg so soon. It is pretty common for a dog to tear the ccl on the good leg due to putting too much weight on it favoring the bad leg.hug

Deep breath, there is a pretty fearsome stout steal apparatus holding the knee while it heals.(a few months ago I had follow up x-rays, the bracket in my knee is amazing) Gentle weight bearing won't re-injure your knee.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Dog Health > CCL Tear and what to do

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 6:37am PST 
Pip had to go up or down 3 steps to get in or out of the house. He is too big for me to carry. We went slow and were careful. It didn't seem to be a problem and he has healed fine. I don't think stepping up on a mattress will cause any harm as long as it is slow and careful.

hug I am really glad it went well. wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Dog Health > knee brace for acl injury
Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 3:49pm PST 
No experience but I did have two acl tears. All of my person's research seemed to point to surgery being the only cure. I had TPLO on both knees, it was worth it, I am as good as new.

Good Luck
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 10:40 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.