Postings by Guest ID 984322

GO!

Puppy Place > PUPPY IS SICK :(

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 9:03pm PST 
My dog had parvo when she was a puppy. She was in the hospital for a week on iv. She couldn't keep any fluids in her. It was coming out both ways. She was soo sick. Parvo is a very serious illness for a puppy; a lot of puppies do not survive. Get a second opinion about her care.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 7:39 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > What's in Your Food Bowl?

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 9:36pm PST 
Tonight's dinner was lamb, beef liver, green beans, rice, eggs, ricotta cheese. banana. Beakfast was chicken, chicken liver, sweetpotatoes, peas.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 3:10 pm

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 9:24pm PST 
Brown beef. Add ground up vegetables , liver and oatmeal. Add water about inch over mixture. Cook till most of water is absorbed. Turn off heat. Beat eggs and pour over mixture. Stir in. Eggs will cook by the heat of the mixture. Serve with yogourt and blueberries on the side. I also add ground eggshell for calcium before serving.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 3:10 pm

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 4:06pm PST 
My dinner was ground beef, beef liver, oatmeal, rutabagas, carrots, peas, zucchini, eggs, yogourt, blueberries. Sandy loved it.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 3:10 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > help with recipe

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 9:36pm PST 
Yes, it lasts three to four days. I freeze the food in 14 ounce containers as I alternate the protein source at each meal. I've
tried the oysters. She refuses to eat them. Sandy is very picky.She prefers to eat fish and vegetables rather than meat. She loves vegetables.
It has taken me almost four years to come up with a recipe that she will eat. I have tried everything even raw. I even contacted a canine nutritionist that made up recipes for her but she refused to eat
them. We even had her at the vet because she refused to eat for a week. The vet ran all sorts of tests and found nothing. We took her home and forcefed her till she started to eat by herself; now she will eat when at mealtimes.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 9:36 pm

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 10:49am PST 
Sorry, butI forgot the other recipe

3 pounds of chicken meat(preferable dark meat)
2 sweet potatoes
8 ounces of chicken liver
1 cup of peas

I usually throw everything in a roasting pas and bake it in the oven till done. She also gets 14 ounces. She
usually eats this for her morning meal.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 10:49 am

Barked: Sun Jun 12, '11 10:43am PST 
I have been using the following 2 recipes to my 73 pound golden retriever (Sandy). She is very picky eater. Is she getting all the nutrients that she needs.

3 pounds meat (only one source of meat at a time, beef, pork or lamb
1 cup of grains (alternate between rice, barley, oatmeal, quinoa, couscous)
2 cups of vegetables (I add different vegetables per recipe)
6 eggs
8 ounces liver
I cook the above like a stew and she gets about 14 ounces per meal. She also gets at her evening meal 1/4 cup yogourt and some fruit. Gound eggshell is added at each meal and also some digestive enzymes.She also gets fish several times a week.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 9:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.