Postings by Guest ID 974195

GO!

Shiba Inu > And I thought we were his favorites...

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Mar 16, '10 12:10am PST 
Aww that is so cute! I've taken Lowell back to visit his breeders several times, considering we live only about 8 miles away, and he recognizes the other dogs every time. His mother and father still are pack hunters and he likes to go run with the pack, but doesn't ever hunt. I don't think he recognizes his breeder, as he was only 8 weeks when we got him, but he sure recognizes his mother and his brothers and sisters. Most Harrier breeders don't let many pups go, if any at all, and I feel very lucky to have gotten Lowell. I'm not a Shiba Inu owner, but I sure know what you mean! Dogs have amazing memories, probably yours more so because he was with them for over a year, which is a long time considering he was born there! Very cool!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Saki, Mar 18 9:01 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > my breed matching thread...feel free to chime in!

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Mar 16, '10 12:04am PST 
1. Pekingese

2. Pug

3. French Bulldog

4. Bulldog

5. Bull Terrier

6. Miniature Bull Terrier

7. Tibetan Spaniel

8. Lhasa Apso

9. Tibetan Terrier

10. Shih Tzu
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Nipper, Mar 18 8:45 am

Choosing the Right Dog > \"Breading Rights?\"

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon Mar 15, '10 11:54pm PST 
Breeding needs to be monitored by breed clubs. If someone doesn't fit the requirements for the breed club, they should not be able to breed and their dogs be spayed/neutered! It's sickening what is happening with dogs. I try to only keep breeds that haven't been exploited, like Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd Dogs, Beagles, and Yorkshire Terriers. There are a ton others, but those are the worst. The dogs are inbred, mass produced, and nobody cares about them, only to make puppies. Yeah, it's cute to laugh at people's stupidity, but how are you people not outraged by this? I'm so sick of seeing backyard breeders and puppymills churn out dogs with health and behavioral problems that are nothing like the breed should be!
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by Shane DEC '08-JAN '12 RIP, Mar 19 8:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Differences between Toy, Miniature, Standard Poodles?

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon Mar 15, '10 11:46pm PST 
Miniature Poodles - Unstable temperaments, needs extensive socialization, emotionally sensetive, lots of grooming, bark a lot, prone to many major health problems

Standard Poodles - Needs a lot of exercise and mental stimulation, very bouncy, needs a lot of socialization, lots of grooming, barks a lot, prone to many serious health problems

Toy Poodles - Unstable temperaments, needs a lot of socialization, emotionally sensetive, lots of grooming, barker, prone to many major health problems
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Bridgit, Jun 22 8:37 pm

Brazilian Terrier > Is my dog a Brazilian Terrier?

Other posts by this user

Barked: Mon Mar 15, '10 11:22pm PST 
I really doubt it. Brazilian Terriers are extremely rare, almost unheard of in the United States. The Brazilian Terrier is actually decended from the Smooth Fox Terrier, making it much more likely that your dog is a Smooth Fox Terrier cross. She does have the markings of a Brazilian Terrier, but not the body type. I'm almost sure she is a Smooth Fox Terrier mix, maybe with Jack Russell Terrier or Chihuahua. It's hard to tell. She is a cutie though! I'm a big Smooth Fox Terrier (SFT) fan. Your girl looks a bit like mine, Eve, who is a purebred three-year-old Smooth Fox Terrier. I'm a fan of Brazilian Terriers, but can't find one in the United States. I'm sure there are a few owners of the breed in this country, but I sure don't know of any. There isn't even a breed club in the US yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 16 12:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.