Postings by Guest ID 95912

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dog Health > Bud is very sick - it doesn\'t look good.
Chanel

Do you want to- be my friend?

Barked: Mon Jul 10, '06 2:15pm PST 
Sorry for such the late response, but our whole family is very sorry for the loss of such an amazing family member. Find comfort in knowing that Buddie knew how much you loved him and is now free from any suffering and pain.

Congratulations on your new addition to your family! I'm sure Buddie is rejoicing at the bridge, knowing that another pup in need will be able to thrive with all of the love you have to give.

Chanel, Louis, and Lauren (their human mommy)
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Buddie D. Smith 1993-2006, Jul 30 10:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Food project link is not working!
Chanel

Barked: Mon Jul 10, '06 10:01am PST 
Here is the link:

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chanel, Jul 10 10:01 am

Food & Nutrition > What is your FAVORITE treat?

Chanel

Barked: Mon Jul 10, '06 9:50am PST 
Louis and I love Old Mother Hubbard treats (any of them), bully sticks from Red Barn, and especially Buddy Buscuits!! Also, we occasionally get very yummy cookies from the "barkery" at the pet store where mom buys our food, but these are very special treats that we only get every once in awhile.

It's so hard to pick just one favorite!

Oh, I almost forgot! We love Cheerios!! Mom uses them as training treats for us. Delish!!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by ♥Brutis♥, Jul 15 9:00 pm

Behavior & Training > do u get spanked?

Chanel

Barked: Sat Mar 18, '06 12:04pm PST 
Chanel and Louis are never spanked. I believe in positive reinforcement rather than physical punishment. When I catch them in a bad behavior, I tell them No, then replace whatever their bad behavior is with a good behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Cyprus, Oct 15 11:12 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > Animal game

Chanel

Barked: Fri Mar 17, '06 7:56pm PST 
Tiger
[notify]
» There has since been 175 posts. Last posting by , May 12 9:47 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > The movie name game
Chanel

Barked: Fri Mar 17, '06 7:55pm PST 
Dumb and Dumber
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Beau Chien, NPC, PAWS, Apr 15 12:58 pm

Dog Health > ACL Injury

Chanel

Barked: Fri Mar 17, '06 3:25pm PST 
Thanks everyone for the responses!

Porsha - she is only going to be on the Metacam for a week, it's only to keep the pain away while she is recovering. She only strained her ACL, so recovery time is short.

Jake - we have Bully Sticks, kongs, etc. plus many other great chew toys to keep her company in her crate. She loves Bully Sticks, and I stuff the kongs with peanut butter and some other treats like carrots and little bits of treats, and freeze them. This keeps her occupied, and it's definitely yummy! The only exercise she is getting right now is out to potty. I carry her out (she only weighs 9 pounds), and put her down in the dog run so she can do her business.

Lily - thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure it would be great, but Chanel isn't the "water-type" dog. She dreads her baths, so I don't think she would like the hydrotherapy. It would probably be more stressful than rehabilitating for her, but I'm sure it works wonders for some dogs.

Barney - I hope you get better soon! Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to try a few of those games with Chanel, she is going crazy not being able to play with the other dogs or exercise at all!

Thank you so much to everyone that has responded, I really, truly appreciate it. We have 4 days left of no exercise, and it seems like it will be forever, although I know it is such a short time in the scheme of things! She is definitely getting better, and only has a very slight limp, you wouldn't even notice it if you weren't really paying attention.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chanel, Mar 17 3:25 pm

Dog Health > ACL Injury

Chanel

Barked: Wed Mar 15, '06 9:49pm PST 
Thanks for your response Kaede. I hope everything works out for you and your legs. I've only strained my ACL, so I won't need surgery to fix it, just a little bit of rest for it to heal. I need to go to the store to pick up some more dog food tomorrow, so I'll see what kinds of mind-stimulating toys they have.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chanel, Mar 17 3:25 pm

Dog Health > ACL Injury

Chanel

Barked: Wed Mar 15, '06 8:42pm PST 
Chanel jumped off of my bed this morning, and with her small legs landed wrong. I noticed she had hurt her leg when she was walking on 3 legs, and I took her to the vet. He said she had hurt her ACL in her left hind leg, not torn but something along the lines of streched or stressed. He ordered a week of no exercise/ walking only, no jumping, running, going up inclines or stairs, etc. and gave us a medicine called Metacam to help the pain and the swelling in her knee. We are supposed to go back for a re-check in a week.

For now, to keep her from exercising the leg, I am crating her whenever I cannot keep my full attention on her. She usually is not crated, but was trained as a puppy and is quite content being in the crate with her comfy bed and a couple of treats. Besides this, does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep a very active dog calm and quiet for a week? She is still walking on only 3-legs, and the vet said to call if she continues to do this for the next couple of days. Another question: does anyone have any experience with these types of injuries? After the injury is healed, what kind of exercise would be best to strengthen the ligament again? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren and Chanel
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chanel, Mar 17 3:25 pm

Food & Nutrition > Healthy, affordable, and grain-free treats?
Chanel

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '05 9:19am PST 
My two love the Innova EVO treats. Also, we get these dried "chicken jerky" treats that are also popular around here.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rosie Moondog, Dec 21 11:41 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.