Postings by Guest ID 825846

GO!

Jack Russell Terrier > Peeing in the house.

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 2:27pm PST 
I adopted a three year old J.R. in March (is now Nov.) and if I don't keep my eye on him - he will mark within house. I could never catch him doing it so teaching or disciplining was out of the question. So then I tried diapers but that didn't work because he tore them off. To make a long story short, I had to crate him and it initially killed me to do that because with all the dogs I have and do own, not one was crated. I am out of the house for 9 to 9.5 hrs daily and he holds himself for that length of time so I know that he has bladder cantrol. In all, he is happier (he now actually goes in there on his own when he wants to be left alone)and I'm happier. I just make sure that he gets at least 3 walks (from time I get home from work until I go to bed) and problem has been solved! Oh yes, I do not crate him at night time - preferring him to sleep on my bed.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 6 6:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.