Postings by Guest ID 741379

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Choosing the Right Dog > Do fat dogs need less exercise?

Barked: Fri Jan 30, '09 5:44am PST 
Oh that was my sister who posted in those threads Kiona. I'm using her account so I can get advice for my dog.

She's very good with dogs and stuff, but she won't help me get mine. Anyway I'm gonna go to the shelter at 10AM EST to get my Basset.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 7:59pm PST 
Again I'm not just messing with you guys red face You guys aren't telling me anything encouraging. I think I'll be able to take care of a dog. You guys just think I'm another irresponsible dog owner. I told you I'll be able to give the dog what it needs. Some food and a place to poop. I'm not only going to give it those two things but I'm also going to let it have freedom to go outside and a nice comfy couch to sit on with me while we watch TV together. Isn't that all a dog could ever want or need?

All you guys talking about stuffed animals, I think I will get a nice Basset Hound stuffed animal to go along with my real Basset Hound. I just found a rescue near me so I'm gonna go there tomorrow morning to start filling out the paper work and from there I'm gonna go to Petsmart, to get the things he/she will need. And I'll have the weekend to spend with my all new pet. Doesn't that sound like a responsible owner to you? I'm not just gonna leave the dog on the street to fend for itself ya know
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 4:12pm PST 
Having a dog can't be that hard. I mean all you have to do is give it food and a place to go poo, right? I'm gonna provide those two things plus a place to run and a nice couch for it to sit next to me while I watch TV.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 4:06pm PST 
So what breeds would work for me?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:31pm PST 
I wasn't going to. I was just going to let it have the doggie door so it could have freedom to go outside. My small backyard is fenced so he would be safe to be out there whenever he wanted to. I think that would be sufficient.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:22pm PST 
Timber, I still want a pet so I'll deal with some hair and smell. I'll just get a robot vacuum or something since I probably won't vacuum weekly, and I'll get one of those air filter things at Walmart.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:01pm PST 
Ok Timber, I'll take a step back. I didn't mean to start an uproar. Maybe I'll reconsider getting a dog. Let me just lay out what I'm willing to do. I'm willing to feed it, to take it to the vet, and do some cleanup after it (like poop and stuff on weekends). I'll probably try to schedule in the future the week after getting a pet to take off from work so I can do some of the things you guys suggested like training and stuff. I'm still not sure I want a cat because they go everywhere in the house and can't be confined. I don't want to confine my dog, I just want him and his hair and smelliness contained in only one room. I live in a small townhouse with a small backyard.

Oh no I don't have any dogs. I only said that because I don't know much dog lingo except the word pack so I used it earlier so I'd sound like I was an experienced dog owner, but it's obvious none of you here think so.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 1:59pm PST 
I'm serious guys. I'm not some fake that's just trying to get on your nerves or something. I am taking all your advice seriously. I even went and just did a dog breed selection quiz and it said I should get a Basset Hound, so I'm gonna go check those out tomorrow. I looked at the link of the Beagle rescue and I agree that Beagles aren't for me. I really just want a bit more help and suggestions if any of you still want to give them to me.

Keiko, I don't see the dog living in one room as a problem. I'm going to get one of those extra big dog gates I saw at Petsmart. I mean at least I'm not gonna leave him in the cage all the time like what one of my coworkers does with their Beagle. I'm gonna make sure I get a dog that's already potty trained so that I'm pretty much just set.

Oh yeah, and leaving the dog outside is only if things don't work out and the dog has to be an outdoor dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 11:53am PST 
I owned a dog when I was a kid before but my mom did all the work. Now as an adult I want my own dog. I don't mind doing some things but for the most part I just want the companionship and fun. I think I'm gonna get a beagle from the shelter tomorrow. I don't mind cats, but I'm kind of a neat freak and I don't want an animal in every crevice of my place. With a dog I can keep it in the family room and it won't make a fuss. The family room also has access to the backyard, so I think that'll work.
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 10:47am PST 
That's a wonderful story Henry. I don't think I want a greyhound cause they look like they need a ton of exercise. Look at their legs and nonexistant tummies!!! shock Anyway, I'll go look up some breeds. I'm gonna go to the shelter again tomorrow.

By hassle free I mean hassle free. Ya know just a gentle dog that'll lounge around my house when I'm gone during the day and will sit next to me on the couch and watch TV with me in the evenings. Like I said I'll give it a doggy door so it can go outside. And if the dog has too much energy, it can just stay outside all day and then come in the house when I come home. Then it'll be nice and calm after running around all day and stuff. But I really want a house dog so I hope that that doesn't happen.

Oh yeah a cat wouldn't be bad, but I like the dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 30 1:44 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.