Postings by Guest ID 43821

GO!

Behavior & Training > Dogs barking and lunging at bicycles, motorcycles or skateboards

Clancy

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 6:43am PST 
This is a great post. I have an almost 6 month old mini schnauzer and I am trying anything and everything to get him to stop barking and lunging at other dogs and people when we are out on our walks. He is not aggressive just overly friendly. In other words if he could approach the other dog or person he would not bite or growl. He went to puppy kindergarten where they instructed us to use the slip lead collar and jerk it when he is misbehaving. I am not sure how I feel about this because he gets so excited that I have to jerk pretty hard and I don't like to do this. I am just getting into the clicker training although he seems to ignore the click when we are outside. I haven't clicked with a trigger yet. We are using zuke's minis for rewards which he likes. Any ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 12:32 pm

Grooming > Help! My mini schnauzer got his hair cut too short.
Clancy

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 3:40pm PST 
Thanks Ava and Nix!
I am glad someone feels the same way. I am sure my little "teddy bear" will be back to his old self in no time.
I appreciate the support.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Clancy

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 5:23am PST 
No worries. I am not offended. Before I got him though, I was reading so many things where the opinion was "a schnauzer should have a schnauzer cut" and they kind of made me feel like a bad parent. Now I realize I can have him look however I want and he will be just as happy, intelligent and adorable as a schnauzer with the "schnauzer cut".

I may have wishful thinking but I think I already see bits of hair peeking up from the tops of his ears. It will only get better (or longer) haha from here.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Clancy

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 4:57pm PST 
Thanks for the replies. I know it will grow back but I do not like the signature schnauzer cut. This does not mean I do not like the schnauzer and it does not mean I shouldn't have chosen this breed. All women do not need to have long hair and all men do not need short hair. It is personal preference and it should be this way for dogs too. I love my little man and I don't want him to look like he is ready for the show ring because he was not brought in to our family for that purpose. I will probably learn to groom him myself since I guess I am picky and have his vet trim the ears, feet and private areas for sanitary reasons. Sorry to go on but I wanted to explain myself.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 5:11pm PST 
Thanks! I know it will grow back but I miss how he used to look. Will a puppy's hair grow back fast? I know I must seem silly.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 3:16pm PST 
So we took our 3 month old puppy for a trim. He looked like a cute little teddy bear and now he looks like a super serious adult schnauzer. I want my little fluffball back. Any experience with how fast his coat will come back? Will it grow faster since he is still a puppy? I am mortified and never want his hair cut again!! Please some reassurance.....
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 24 11:27 am

Puppy Place > New puppy not eating or drinking

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 3:05pm PST 
My new 8 week old schnauzer puppy will not eat his food and takes minimal sips of water. I am probably just overly concerned but he ate just fine on his first feeding at home. Now he picks and walks away. I am feeding the same food prepared the same way as the breeder. I feed him in the crate to minimize distractions and take it away after 15 min whether its gone or not. This is my 3rd day with him. Otherwise he is playing and sleeping normally. Is this ok?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 12:04 pm

Puppy Place > Puppy tires after 10 minutes of play

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:01pm PST 
This is normal but he falls asleep constantly. When he does this should I be crating him or letting him fall asleep wherever?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 1:40 pm

Puppy Place > Towel over crate

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:00pm PST 
I put my 8 week old puppy in the crate when I cannot watch him constantly and when he falls asleep. I have been covering the crate with a towel at all times so he cannot see me. Is this ok or should I only cover it when he's supposed to be sleeping?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 13 9:24 pm

Puppy Place > Crate in pen or out?

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 6:58pm PST 
I have an 8 week old mini schnauzer that I am starting to house train. When I have short things to do, I put him in the crate. When I am going to be gone longer, I put him in a pen with the crate inside the pen and leave the crate door open. I took a video when I was gone and eventually he went in the crate on his own and fell asleep. Should I be keeping the crate in the pen area? I do move the crate at night next to my bed. Any tips?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 12 8:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.