Postings by Guest ID 235635

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Supplies Reccommendations

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 2:16pm PST 
Thanks to those of you that have left a comment about your favorite service dog vendors. If you haven't commented yet it's not too late.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 29 2:16 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Certified Service Dog Scam

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 1:57pm PST 
There's a new article about Service Dog Certification scams and about how people are inadvertently promoting them here http://www.servicedogblog.com/2009/07/certified-service-dog-scams/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 29 1:57 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Supplies Reccommendations

Barked: Mon Jul 20, '09 11:08am PST 
ServiceDogBlog.com has posted an article asking people to share their experiences with great Service Dog Supply vendors. It's always better to do business with companies that treat their customers right. If you'd like to say good job for a company you can do it here http://www.servicedogblog.com/2009/07/service-dog-supplies-who-do-yo u-recommend-for-service-dog-supplies/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 29 2:16 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Animal Registry of America (SARA)

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 10:29am PST 
Registries are just a big scam, just get or make your own IDs. We've been very happy with the tags we bought at www.doggydmv.com. They are made of the same material as security badges, has Gabby's picture on the front and the ADA guide on the back with the DOJ 1-800 number. They sell them in sets, 1 for Gabby and one for my wallet. I don't remember the exact price but I thought it was very reasonable.
snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 1:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Vest

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 2:04pm PST 
You might want to consider an ID tag instead of a vest as it accomplishes the same function but is cooler and non-restrictive to your service dog. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 6:31 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > "Certification Rip-Off"

Barked: Tue Feb 6, '07 1:50pm PST 
I just discovered a site that will "Certify" your animal with the click of a mouse for get this $250. For your $250 you get

* a dog vest
* Service dog patches (we do not sew patches to vest)
* Personalized Service Dog Certificate
* Wallet card
* All for $249 (+ S/H)
* "Ask To Pet Me" patch is an additional $10

Just do a yahoo search for "service dog certification" and they are near the top. How does this person live with themself?
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Feb 12 7:48 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Questions about Service Dog

Barked: Fri Aug 11, '06 7:28am PST 
My company DoggyDMV.com makes Service Dog ID tags and even I think the way the ADA law is now written is a joke. The law is way to vague. I don't understand why if you want to park your car in a handicapped parking space you have to get a note from your doctor and then go to the courthouse to get a tag, but if you have a service dog you either put up with the hassle of trying to explain your rights to uninformed business owners or you buy a tag or a vest that states that your dog is a service dog. I get letters every day from people that say that they are constantly hassled by business owners because they don't know the law. Now you have some states issuing service dog tags because the ADA law is so screwed up. Then you get into "certified" dogs, again this is a joke because there are no official guidelines for what "certified" means. I get referrals from vets and training facilities all the time because there are no official tags that they can issue. I also feel for business owners because any person can walk in with their "pet" and say it's a service dog and the according to the ADA they can not ask for proof that it is in fact a service dog. This is a situation that will only get worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 7:28 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.