Postings by Guest ID 1192521

GO!

Akita > Drooling and unbalanced front legs

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 7:17pm PST 
Hi everyone, I have a 6 month american akita. He drools a lot and he pants a lot even when he is indoors. We brought him to a vet and I was told he drools and pants when he is too hot/excited. The drooling is excessive and when I play with him, he can just wipe his face in my arm and my arm will be covered with drool. I was just wondering is this normal? Will he drool less as he develops adult teeth?

The vet also noticed that on his front left leg, the gap between the two bones is smaller and not normal. As a result, when he walks or runs, you can notice him being slightly slanted because the front left leg is longer because of the smaller bone gap. I was wondering if anyone else ever had this case and if anyone see any issues from this? The vet told me he will adjust himself when he grows older and there is nothing to worry about. Since this is a genetic condition involving the bone, I don't know what kind of treatments I can give him, maybe some stretching exercises or training that will develop his leg muscles would help? Feel free to chime in.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 2 11:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.