Postings by Guest ID 1190373

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > DO NOT "Adopt" from Forever Friends Animal League

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 10:05am PST 
It really is a shame. There are such amazing rescue groups out there. This is just not one of those. =(
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 1:33 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > DO NOT "Adopt" from Forever Friends Animal League

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 4:26am PST 
The vet did not tell us the grade. At the time, it would not have meant anything to us. But, he did say that it was severe enough that he will not neuter him for fear that he would not survive the surgery. I am going to ask him the grade at the follow up appointment. The vet assumed we knew already. He was amazed that anyone would adopt a dog out without telling us.

It is a shame that this lady is representing herself as non-profit no kill shelter, when really she is a puppy mill that has cheated the system by filing non-profit status in KS and lives and runs her business in Missouri
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 1:33 am

Barked: Tue Sep 17, '13 7:07pm PST 
I wish I had seen this before our recent adoption experience. We too made the mistake of trusting Debbie and adopting a Rottweiler puppy. We were told the Rottweiler was a breeder release. We were curious why a breeder would release a 5 month old puppy. We paid $550 for our puppy, but he was in desperate need of attention. The North Oak Trafficway location is dirty and he had fleas and worms. At our first vet visit, we had his rabies shot done and the vet detected within minutes he has a heart murmur. He said our puppy will not likely live a long life or a normal life. We can have an ultrasound done for $400-500, but in the end the vet thinks there really isn't anything that can be done. When I called Debbie, she basically said that the breeder would have told her. Then it was a story that a lady bought her from a breeder, but decided she did not want him, but he saw two vets and they both said he was fine. Then she said oh well you know big dogs don't live long anyway. She knew she was sending us home with a sick dog, but she took our $550 and refused to refund our money. We love our puppy, and we will take care of him. However, this is not a rescue. They may be classified as non-profit, but this is a breeding business. They are dishonest and cruel.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jul 26 1:33 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.