Postings by Guest ID 1167143

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Toy Breed and feeding whole fish

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 9:11pm PST 
Hi! Franz is a 6.5 lb yorkie mix (heart of a wolf)and is looking forward to his first dinner of fresh sardines, BUT his mom is freaking over how it should be served! Does it need to be gutted? De-boned? I've never fed fresh whole fish and haven't found much detailed info on it. Any advice would be much appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Charlie, Jul 29 6:51 am

Raw Food Diet > Dandruff

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 10:51pm PST 
My dog has recently been suffering from a case of dandruff. He eats manly a diet of pastured chicken (thigh meat, chicken necks, feet and heads) lamb (tongue, liver), some beef(tongue, other lean cuts) and I feed canned, fresh water, no salt added sardines
(cant find fresh, raw) and an egg once a week. Hes pretty small, 6.5 lbs. I noticed a change in his coat being a little dry, but it still looks good. Is he lacking fat in the diet? I started supplementing with SeaMeal about a month ago because I was worried I wasn't providing enough variety and he might be lacking. Should I start supplementing with some type of fish oil? I would prefer to not have to many supplements going on because it kind of defeats the whole purpose of feeding raw. Should I start feeding higher fat content meat? Any advice is much appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Jun 30 7:31 am

Raw Food Diet > Chicken Heads?

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 4:18pm PST 
So I hit the chicken head jackpot! But the necks aren't attached, so my question is- can I chop 'em and fed? My dogs are small and kinda have a reputation for gulping and don't want to have a choking situation. I just discovered this site and I'm loving all the advice and knowledge! Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Apr 30 4:22 pm

Raw Food Diet > Toy breed bone suggestions

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 9:16pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions smile I started giving meaty drumsticks so they can hold on to one end while chewing the other. This seems to be working, but I'm worried how the middle of the bone become sharp, so Ive been taking it away when they have the ends gnawed off. I wish I was more confident in feeding the bones, I tend to freak out easily, guess it will just takes some time... Thanks again!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hula, Apr 29 7:37 am

Raw Food Diet > Toy breed bone suggestions

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 5:15pm PST 
Any suggestions on types of bones for toy breeds? I have been doing a lot of chicken necks but I'm afraid of my dogs choking on them. Also they will only eat the necks if I hand fed them, which is not always convenient. Any thoughts on how to encourage them to eat on their own? Much appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hula, Apr 29 7:37 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.