Postings by Guest ID 1165613

GO!

Puppy Place > Edwards Training Poor Breeding

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 11:13am PST 
I am posting this so anyone else contemplating purchasing a puppy from Edwards Training will rethink it. We purchased a corgi pup from them in 2010. Repeatedly asked for photos of the sire/dam and AKC papers. Neither were ever received. Puppy was sick first two days. Shots were given much too closely and had to be re-done by our vet after 6 weeks for the puppy to recover. No original rabies certificate - stamped photo copy. Incomplete shot records. Was eating poop when she first arrived. She is now 2.5 yrs old and just diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in both shoulders and both elbows. Vet and X-ray tech said she was born wit this, NOT a result of any type of injury. It is degenerative and usually seen in old dogs, not a young dog. I have since learned that there are others reporting the same types of issues with puppies from Edwards Training. I grew up around AKC bred dogs and never did a puppy have severe health issues. And I have since learned that AKC breeders will offer photos, registration numbers, etc up front when selling their dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Sep 9 10:43 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.