Postings by Guest ID 1157702

GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > Stolen dog returned now someone is knocking at my door

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 1:31pm PST 
Update
I called the company that has the chip information. There records show that no one had contacted them or asked them to contact me until March 2 3013 and the person who called was a Vet tech that had a lady there that wanted to change ownership information on my dog. The same tech called me the same day and told me she had my dog and a good Sam brought her in. I am so confused about whats going on here.
The people at the office told me they could not give out any information to anyone.
The chip company is sending me a hard copy of all inquires as well as proof of ownership registration.
My next step is to go to the Vst office and ask what is really going on. I have arranged for an officer to go with me.
By the way all my information was correct at the chip company.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 7:49am PST 
Thanks Kolbe.
I am just angry about the fact that they knew the dog was chipped and kept her anyway. They didn't try very hard and the vet didn't either. She sure found my name and address in 1 day when she went missing from her yard.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 8:13pm PST 
Ava
Thank you so much. Cassie acts like she was never gone. In fact she will not let us out of her sight. I take her to work with me in my store and she spends all day walking step to step with me. When we get home she hits her bed like she is so wore out.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 7:45pm PST 
Ezra
I am very thankful that Cassie was taken care of. If the lady would have put her demands in a little nicer tone things would be different.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 5:12pm PST 
Sorry about sounding like an ass.
Thank you everyone for your response.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 5:01pm PST 
Ok Cassie was playing in my yard she never leaves the yard not ever.I noticed her not in the yard and found her collar and ID tag in the front yard. I dont know where some of you live but here you dont take a mans dog or truck or anything else on his property reason being you may get shot this is just rule of thumb. Now that that is settled A good Sam took her to the Vet in my town. They said she was found on the side of the road in the Town of the people in question. The Vet checked for a chip and called me and told me they had my dog so we went and picked her up.
We did look for her of course. We called every Vet office in 3 counties. We called Animal control we drove up and down every street and road in 4 towns knocking on doors and showing her photo to include posting them.
The people that came to my house said the Vet office found the chip and called be could not reach us. We have voice mail on the home phone number that is on the chip. Then the lady said she tried to call us. I still don't know how she would have my number.
How did this lady get my name and address to show up at my door.
We love Cassie and are so so happy to have her back. She has always been like one of our kids.
Some of you act like if someone came on your property and took your car, tricked it out spending thousands on it and when the police found it the person who had the car and did the work may have the right to keep it or ask you to pay for the improvements.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 8:03pm PST 
We got a puppy for our son and raised it for 2 years. We had her fixed and chipped. One day she was stolen from our front yard we live in a rural area so we let her in the yard to run and play. Now it's 2 years later and our local Vet calls and told us she was found and we could come and get her. Great we were so happy she is a very loving border collie. Now 3 days later someone is knocking on our door wanting our dog. They say they have had her for 1 year and have spent $600 in Vet bills.
They demand the dog or $600.
They said the Vet that did the work knew she was chipped and called us but could not reach us.
So instead of finding the true owners of the dog they kept her.
The Vet office that call me the other day had to have given them my name and address. Can they do that?
Can these people take my dog or collect money from me?
We are sick and angry. This went from a great week to a nightmare.
Anyone have any advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.