Postings by Guest ID 1155194

GO!

Small Dogs > Anyone else have a Cavachon?

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:28pm PST 
I've had so-called pedigrees, who I loved very much, but came with various problems relating to the breed. The words of my vet were that these problems come from mixed breeding to get the breeds I had. There is nothing new under the sun! I now have a cross chihuahua-petit brabancon, bred to look the way he looks. There are barely any others like him. I think there's a lot of dog snobbery on here and not sure I want to be associated with this site.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 17 6:04 pm

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 4:17am PST 
I hate to rain on YOUR parade, but most 'pure breeds' have at some time or other been bred with another to look a certain way. Over time, these 'mixed breeds' have become 'pure breds'. Not sure calling someones much loved dog a mutt was the most sensitive move or well thought out. By the way, this is my first visit to this site and yours was the first comment I came across! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , May 17 6:04 pm

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 4:16am PST 
I hate to rain on YOUR parade, but most 'pure breeds' have at some time or other been bred with another to look a certain way. Over time, these 'mixed breeds' have become 'pure breds'. Not sure calling someones much loved dog a mutt was the most sensitive move or well thought out. By the way, this is my first visit to this site and yours was the first comment I came across! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , May 17 6:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.