Postings by Guest ID 1149886

GO!

Dog Health > Dermaxx!!! No!! Whatever you do, do not give it to them!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:44am PST 
MIKA&KAI,

Thank you very much, I do really appreciate it and you are absolutely right. This whole thing could've been avoided. It is a heavy price to pay, without conducting our own research, especially having the internet at the tip of our fingers. This was not sitting right with me, so I called the vet/ fda and the pharmaceutical company that created the drug. I just got off the phone with them. They are putting up a review now and flagging this drug because of the high rates of effects. They are going to pay for any of the medical expenses that were incurred. I told them, that is helpful, but my family memeber is now dead and all I can do is try to help other people, that do the research can benefit from my posts. I have started other threads now, trying to help out their families, where I was to late to do. All I can now is protect his brother and be a better parent to him.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 7:12 pm

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:07am PST 
Thank you very much, and yes you are absolutely right. I have been kicking myself in the a** all night and day for not researching it, to the point it's made me sick. When the ER doc told me what it was from, I just wanted to heave. The ER doc asked us, if the vet took Jack's blood to see if he was even able to take it, and no the vet didn't take his blood, which would've indicated he couldn't take the medication. This has been one of the hardest 24 hours I had to deal with in a long time. So I understand my part in this and it sickens me, because I loved this dog so much and I always tried to make sure he was well and living healthy.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 7:12 pm

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:49am PST 
Thank you guys very much. I am just trying to spread the warning around about this drug. We didn't find out till the last minute. Because he didn't show signs, until it was too late and the damange was so bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 7:12 pm

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:49am PST 
A little background: I had a 3 year old Boxer/Mastiff mix. His name was Jack, he wasn't just my dog he was part of the family. I didn't see him as a dog, but a human like myself. I loved him as much as you can love any human. My family had saved him as a puppy from an abusive family. He was malnourished (5-7lbs underweight) and he had demodicosis mange. We nursed him back to health and he was a vibrant, full of energy dog! When he loved someone, he loved them!

Because of his hard upbringing he developed early onset hip dysplasia. Then we were prescribed Deramaxx. The doctor wanted to see how he was on that before we did the surgery. Well, a week into it was all it had to take to poison him. Yesterday he was vomiting so much, that I had to keep a plastic bag right by him and just hold him. Then, we had to carry him outside to use the washroom because he couldn't get up, then he couldn't unrinate. We took him to the emergency room when we took his temperature and it was below 96 degrees. When we brought him in he was suffering from shock.

At 3:30am, today he had passed away due to intestinal ulcers that became infected and he went in to septic shock. The doctor said it was because of the Deramaxx, it ate away at his stomach lining.

As I am writing this post in tears, I beg and plead with dog owners do not give your dog Dermaxx, please seek other methods. No dog owner should go through this. He was only 3 years old, and this "medicine" ravaged him.

Jack was an amazing dog, with the personality of a person. I will love and miss him.

[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 7:12 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Please read! Deramaxx/Duramax

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:48am PST 
A little background: I had a 3 year old Boxer/Mastiff mix. His name was Jack, he wasn't just my dog he was part of the family. I didn't see him as a dog, but a human like myself. I loved him as much as you can love any human. My family had saved him as a puppy from an abusive family. He was malnourished (5-7lbs underweight) and he had demodicosis mange. We nursed him back to health and he was a vibrant, full of energy dog! When he loved someone, he loved them!

Because of his hard upbringing he developed early onset hip dysplasia. Then we were prescribed Deramaxx. The doctor wanted to see how he was on that before we did the surgery. Well, a week into it was all it had to take to poison him. Yesterday he was vomiting so much, that I had to keep a plastic bag right by him and just hold him. Then, we had to carry him outside to use the washroom because he couldn't get up, then he couldn't unrinate. We took him to the emergency room when we took his temperature and it was below 96 degrees. When we brought him in he was suffering from shock.

At 3:30am, today he had passed away due to intestinal ulcers that became infected and he went in to septic shock. The doctor said it was because of the Deramaxx, it ate away at his stomach lining.

As I am writing this post in tears, I beg and plead with dog owners do not give your dog Dermaxx, please seek other methods. No dog owner should go through this. He was only 3 years old, and this "medicine" ravaged him.

Jack was an amazing dog, with the personality of a person. I will love and miss him.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 17 3:11 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.