Postings by Guest ID 1149850

GO!

Shetland Sheepdog > How did you come up with your Sheltie's name?

Little Lad

Ran away a year- ago.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 4:13pm PST 
Little Lad- well, actually his sister "Gennie" Looks more like Lassie I'm told, but I wanted to name my dog after Lassie smile (hence "little lad" instead of "Little lass")
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 13 12:05 pm

Shih Tzu > Just wondering if this would be the right breed for me?

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:03pm PST 
I also want to make a note her to say that I'd like a dog that doesn't have "separation anxiety" and I hear that Shih Tzu are ok alone? I might have to work or something and I don't want my dog to drive the neighbors mad.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 8:03 pm

Shih Tzu > can someone please tell me what my shihtzu is mixed with??

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:37pm PST 
Hello, you might be interested in doing a DNA test of your dog smile

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/features/dog-dna-testing

Looks like it might cost a pretty penny though, but I have heard of DNA testing that you can do for dogs before smile good luck way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 7:37 pm

Shih Tzu > Just wondering if this would be the right breed for me?

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:22pm PST 
I've tried to do quite a bit of research on different dogs... Currently I can't have a dog because I am living at home with parents doing school and I don't have a job. I'm just wondering which dogs would be the best for me in the future?

I'd like a dog that is possibly:

1. lap dog: doesn't have to be exercised for hours on end, can be happy with a short walk. I can: give at least a half hour walk in the day. I am a student, but probably will be graduated by the time I get a dog so I should have lots of time for it when I get one party.

2. Low grooming requirements ( I hear that this honestly depends on the Shih Tzu as well as what you want it to look like?)

3. Will be ok with "strangers" in our home after being introduced to them and know that they are ok. (A lady my mom visits has a dog that is always growling at her).

4. I'd like the possibility of this dog to be at a pound or shelter, I'm all about saving lives smile

5. I live in a cold temperature, so I'd like a dog that is able to be outside when I go on walks what not. The dog will live indoors with me though.

6. Not much of a barker.

I don't really mind so much the grooming thing, but the other things (such as barking) are issues I'd rather not deal with. We had a sheltie and it barked all the time (well, duh, shelties are known to bark... sadly didn't learn that till now)... anyway, I hope you guys can help me know which dog breeds would be best for me.

Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 13 8:03 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.