Postings by Guest ID 1149776

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Help! Barking service dog *repost from behavior/training* Help!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:58pm PST 
Thank you for the reply. I live in NYC, I would be surprised that he can't take the dog with him. That is why I was worried about the incessant barking and called help. Better safe than sorry. I was quite frustrated to learn that the dog was just alone and sad. Yes, it might sound mean but that is what I might have to do... it gives service dog owners a bad rep to be honest...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Isaac, Jan 14 5:03 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Help! Barking service dog *repost from behavior/training* Help!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 3:16pm PST 
Hi everyone, my neighbor has a dog that barks incessantly and particularly when he is left alone. When I notified the neighbor that the dog was barking non-stop, he informed me that he was a service dog in training because he has seizures. Of course, I said no problem but I would appreciate that they get this under control. Dogs bark, I understand that but they are not supposed to bark non-stop. I am not familiar with service dogs but it would seem to defeat the purpose... Anyway this week-end the dog was left alone all week-end so it cried, howled and barked until 2AM Saturday night. At some point, I got worried and had maintenance call the apartment because I feared something had happened since the neighbor told me he had seizures, turns out, they just left the dog alone. I feel bad for the neighbor but even worst for the dog left alone. I am asking this forum because I am uninformed about the subject and don't want to come across as incentive. Is this normal behavior for a service dog? Is it supposed to be left alone for long periods of time? How should I address this issue respectfully? I need desperately to sleep and work during the day (I work home). Any resources I could read or give to my neighbor would be appreciated. Thank you
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Isaac, Jan 14 5:03 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.