Postings by Guest ID 1147932

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Dog Health > Alternative to Topical Preventive
Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 5:07pm PST 
Ugh, day two of diarrhea and terrible gas for Stella following first dose of Trifexis. Is this something to expect each month? I don't think I can take it. She's not pooping constantly, but when she does, it's runny and she has bad gas. I am pretty sure this is the result of the Trifexis.

I'll ask the vet before buying more, but is this typical?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 5:07 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 1:41am PST 
No vomiting, but about 19 hours after given, she cried to go potty at 3:30am and it was diarrhea. I think it obviously bugged her as she cried a bit while pooping. She normally is quite.

Hopefully this is the end of it! Going to bed soon. I guess it's possible something else bothered her stomach. She did sneak some cat food this morning.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 24 5:07 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 1:26pm PST 
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I bought a single pill today and will give it to her on Friday. I had them weigh her because she was 57 pounds last time. She's at 61! So, that means that she got the pill for 60 to 120 pound dogs. I'm a little worried since it's for very big dogs.

Anyone had experience giving this to dogs right at the border of around 60 pounds?

The person I talked with said that if she vomits after an hour, you're OK, but if she vomits in the first hour, re-give and Trifexis will reimburse. Is this what you've heard regarding the vomiting time limit?

Thanks everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 5:07 pm

Dog Health > Does this sound like joint issue? Slow Downs.

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Thu Mar 14, '13 6:39pm PST 
Thanks for all the replies!

She does down slowly on carpet, hardwood, blacktop, and grass. I don't think it's a surface issue. I'm leaning toward waiting until her shots are due before taking to vet since she doesn't appear to be in pain. Plus, that's a good point about her bones still growing.

I'll look into the supplements that are hopefully available in treats. I've never tried pilling her, so not sure what to expect there.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 7:01 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 10:34pm PST 
I guess I should have mentioned that my dog is just one year old! She's got long skinny legs and weighs about 57 pounds. She's tall, but she's sleeping right now, so not going to wake her to measure! laugh out loud

Mixed breed, and the daycare people say she has a twin there who is a Snoodle, so maybe that's what she is...
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 7:01 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 5:07pm PST 
My dog trainer pointed out that Stella goes into down positions very, very slowly. I always thought this was because she didn't want to do it, but he thinks that when a dog does it so consistently, there may be a knee or other joint problem.

I've also noticed that she doesn't want to jump into the car. It's not that she dislikes car rides or where we're going, but she doesn't like getting into the car. I've had to help her a few times, but not each time. This is a Honda Civic we're talking about and my dog is tall.

The idea that she has joint problems seems crazy to me since she runs rapidly around the yard and plays like crazy with other dogs. She doesn't really appear to be in pain. She also likes to keep a fast pace on walks.

Does this sound like anything you've seen in your dogs? Does it warrant a special vet visit? I'm trying to decide whether to take her in just for this or wait a few months until she's due for shots.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 7:01 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 5:02pm PST 
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure yet if I can buy just one pill. I'll see.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 5:07 pm

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 3:40pm PST 
My dog has been on Advantage Multi since I got her in July. My vet said that Heartgard isn't working in my area as some dogs are still getting heart worms.

I haven't had problems with Advantage Multi except that Stella freaks out when we put it on. I know it's a mental thing, but it's nearly impossible to get it all on her. Once it's over, she's fine. It's not hurting her, but she has a phobia of us putting it on for some reason. Perhaps this is tied to her fear of nail trims.

I want to avoid the whole issue by giving her a tasty edible preventive, and my vet's office recommended Trifexis over the phone. I didn't talk to the vet directly, so this is the receptionist talking.

I was going to go for the Trifexis but read some crazy reviews about it on amazon. Some people say it makes their dogs very ill, even kills some. However, when you go to the manufacturer's website, they make it seem harmless.

I did a search for Trifexis on this forum and didn't find any horror stories.

Any fans of Trifexis? Any other products I can use? Any way to overcome this fear of topical preventive?

I have to buy something next week, so I don't have too long to decide.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 5:07 pm

Dogs & Travel > Pet friendly vacation, considering St Louis or New Orleans

Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:36pm PST 
Hi Bianca,

Thanks for responding. I've been to Springfield before, but we didn't stop by St. Louis on the way. I do seem to remember Springfield being very pet friendly. That was before I had a dog.

Your links to the GS forum take me back to the main forum page at that site. Not sure why they aren't working.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 5:30 pm

Dogs & Travel > Pet friendly vacation, considering St Louis or New Orleans
Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 10:21pm PST 
I'm hoping to get out of town in a few weeks and would like to take my dog with me.

I'd chose a pet-friendly hotel and try to focus on pet friendly experiences, but I'm wondering what those of you who travel with your dogs do when you want to do something where pets aren't allowed. I'd be afraid to leave my dog in the hotel room! I guess doggie daycare is an option in a different city.

Any tips? Is there another city you'd recommend for a dog-friendly trip in TN, MO, ARK, LA? I'm trying to avoid a plane trip or a trip longer than about 5 hours on the road.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 5:30 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.