Postings by Guest ID 1147334

GO!

Raw Food Diet > 6 week old puppy swallowed part of a raw chicken wing whole

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 1:48am PST 
Thank you for the responses. He is a german shephard/collie mix and it was a drummette.
Just a bit more info on Tucker-he has roundworms and was given medicine 12/29 and one time before that. He is pooping, after eating the drummette, dark diarrhea. I do not know if it is because of the bone, the raw diet or the worms. Should I be giving this guy something to help him bind a bit?
Thank you.
Debbie
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 1:24 pm

Raw Food Diet > helpp with daily menu

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 1:45pm PST 
I am so excited to be feeding our brand new puppy, Tucker, a raw food diet but also a bit unsure.
I just posted that he swallowed a chicken wing whole and I am a bit nervous to give him more bones.
Here are my ?'s:
1-can an egg be given daily as a snack, whole meal or mixed w/ other food?
2-we are blessed to have a raw dairy source and am wondering if raw cow/goat milk, kefir, and yogurt are ok to give? If yes how much?
3-I have read to feed pups 3 or 4 times a day, is this right?
4-how much time in between a meal?
5-other than chicken wings, which boney meats can i feed this guy?
Thank you so much in advance!!
Debbie
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 30 3:19 pm

Raw Food Diet > 6 week old puppy swallowed part of a raw chicken wing whole

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 1:36pm PST 
soo....our new 6 week pup swallowed a raw chicken wing. He worked some meat off, then down it went!! No gagging or choking just wanting more!! I am not too nervous now because it happened 2 hours ago and he seems fine but just need some reassurance.
Thank you kindly.
Debbie
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 1:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.