Postings by Guest ID 1146362

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > I'm thinking of getting a therapy dog but I don't know where to start...

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 12:24pm PST 
Ok I think that I would be looking at a service dog not a therapy dog thanks for the clear up smile I don't think that I am "disabled" legally (as it is considered to be a mental illness) do I have to have any kind of papers to apply for a service dog or to certify a dog? I am working with a experienced dog trainer and I have re-trained both of our current dogs, who both had severe agression ( one was territorial, and the other is dog/animal agressive and is agressive with males). I know that the training for a SD is very intense and you have to be very through but would there be a way for me to train my own? Is there a class or course of some type? I would much rather save an animal than go out and buy one that is already garenteed a home...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 11:23 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > I'm thinking of getting a therapy dog but I don't know where to start...

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 5:32am PST 
I am hoping to get a rescue dog and then train it to be a therapy/comfort dog. I have ADD and have panic attacks when in school and in certain social interactions. I was also wondering that if the dog was trained to detect low blood sugar would I have to certify them as a service dog? I live in Ontario but I would really like a pit bull are the laws still the same even if they are a therapy dog? I really need help figuring out how to go about this any help would be great!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 11:23 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.