Postings by Guest ID 1143685

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Texas law requires training by a recognized agency for service dogs

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 10:16pm PST 
I suppose my big concern is that she be allowed to live with me. My Lucy is doctor prescribed for my anxiety and PTSD. What she does for me is wake me when I am "locked" into PTSD driven nightmares that I cannot seem to wake myself from. She also has a knack for calming my anxiety attacks, she takes me outside for air. I do not take her into stores other than pet supply stores. There is no need, as it would make me more anxious to have everyone staring at me because I had a dog with me. Although, I do take her in the car as I shop late at night and I am assured that no stranger has gotten in my car and is waiting for me to hurt me. Would I still be covered under the housing laws?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 29 12:24 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Texas law requires training by a recognized agency for service dogs

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 11:43pm PST 
I was looking at the texas service dog laws and it specifically says that all service dogs must be trained by a recognized agency that specifiacally trains service dogs commonly recognized by disability services. The federal ADA laws state that a psychiatric service dog can be self trained, and what about those of us who have brought our animals in from another state that does not require such restrictions. Can anyone shed light on this Texas law as we are moving to Texas soon. Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 29 12:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.