Postings by Guest ID 1143417

GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > For the Fear of Dogs...? How do you handle people afraid of your dog?

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 8:52am PST 
There are some people who have phobia of dogs and we can't blame them for that. Whenever I come across a person who has a fear of dogs, then I just try to make my dog ignore that person. If I am walking my dog and we happen to meet a jumpy person when around dogs, then I just walk past him or her. I won't give any attention or any sort of reaction at all. I don't know if it's right but it seems to work for me and my dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Missy , Apr 26 11:43 am

Behavior & Training > herding dog charges cars, nips runners

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 8:48am PST 
You definitely can't break the 'herding habit' your dog has because he has been wired that way. It's in his breed and the only thing you can do is to try to focus his herding urges to something a little more productive as compared to chasing cars and nipping runners. If you continue trying to 'break the habit', you'll just be wasting your energy doing so. It's impossible.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Apr 26 10:46 pm

Behavior & Training > my dog wont come when I call her

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 8:45am PST 
I agree with what Lexus said. It is important that the dog associate the command to something positive. Each time she successfully comes to you when called, make sure she gets praised. One way of providing motivation for your dog to come to you would be the presence of treats so it wouldn't hurt if you have a dry dog kibble in your pocket. However, be careful not to give out too much treats or else you'll be faced with a different problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 8 8:17 am

Raw Food Diet > Housebreaking and raw?

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 9:17am PST 
I was laughing at the jingle bells, but yeah, that works. It lets you know when your dog has gone out, provided that he has the initiative to step out of the house when peeing or pooing. Anyway, dogs tend to go do their business on three occasions (usually): after sleeping, after eating and after playing. However, that doesn't mean that those are the only times he will have to go.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crash Dynamite, Apr 25 9:48 am

Behavior & Training > Walking and clicker trainer 2 dogs at once?

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 9:06am PST 
You're welcome. I once tried walking both of my dogs at the same time and it was a riot. My younger dog practically had all of my attention and it kind of bothered my older dog. Though I wasn't clicker training them that time, it still wasn't a good idea at all.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 9:06 am

Behavior & Training > Walking and clicker trainer 2 dogs at once?

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 8:31am PST 
I think it would be best if you did give them walks separately. You said it yourself, the other dog has not been getting the same amount of treats as Bunny. In her point of view, it may seem unfair and you want to avoid that.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 9:06 am

Senior Dogs > What age is considered a senior?

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 8:19am PST 
A dog's life span will depend on its breed and it is true that most large dogs age faster than the smaller ones. Here is a link that will show you when dogs would eb considered senior depending on their breeds: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/when-is-a-dog-considered-senior/page1.a spx.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 23 8:19 am

Sports & Agility > The Importance of Mental Control in Dog Sports

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:53am PST 
I would have to say that I never really considered how much help music could be for dogs. I always thought they worked for humans, although sometimes most people would contradict that same idea. So I'll be picking up a playlist for Peggy and hopefully she'll get her mental control going for her. I'm thinking of going with the classical songs, or the instrumental ones.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Apr 23 10:35 am

Sports & Agility > Rogue started herding!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:51am PST 
Congratulations to your dog! I'm glad to hear that your dog's training has paid off quite impressively. Keep it up and hopefully, you and your dog will be passing the 3 tests you want to take down. Good job! big grinway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 22 8:51 am

Small Dogs > Opinions on dog parks...

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:48am PST 
In my own opinion, I think that going to dog parks after my dogs have completed their shots is safe. I mean, I don't want them getting some odd virus outside. Sure, they can get ticks but ticks could also be present indoors if one of them already has it. Besides, I believe in dogs getting some fresh air.

Since your dog seems to be a little too playful, it would benefit you both if you kept him on the leash. Don't walk him too loosely on the leash as well. Try getting him to play with your friends' dogs, specifically those that he has already played with. dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Apr 22 8:48 am

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.