Postings by Guest ID 1143235

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Disabled Vet / needs therapy dog
Silas

Loco

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 4:23pm PST 
What I think Bobby means is that you are looking for a service dog, not a therapy dog.

Therapy dogs are trained by the owner to visit/help other people, not the owner. For example, therapy dogs visit hospitals and nursing homes with their owners to visit the people living there. Therapy dogs, in most States, have no access rights.

You are looking to get a Service Dog to help you. Service Dogs are tasked trained to help their owners. They have access rights.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Happy, Apr 11 11:35 pm

Dogs & Travel > Flying to Germany with all three
Silas

Loco

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 12:00pm PST 
A lot of airlines will only allow dogs in the cabin when flying national, not international (I know Air Canada is one of these). You might want to double check the policy, to make sure it's not only cabin flights within your country. It looks like Delta does allow it (unless you are flying through the UK/Ireland), but I would email or call to double check.

Also found on the Delta website that might be helpful:

For pets traveling to other countries in the European Union, a Veterinary Certificate for domestic dogs, cats, and ferrets entering the European Community for Non-Commercial Movement (Regulation (EC) No. 998/2003) is required. There is also another restriction concerning your pet. Only a microchip implant, and no longer tattoos, will be accepted as a means of identification. If your travel originates in Aruba, Bermuda, Canada, Japan, Cayman Islands, or the USA, parts 1 through 4 must be completed for movement into the European Union and requires 30 days of preparation for your pet. If your travel originates in any other country, parts 1 through 5 must be completed. These regulations require a minimum of four months preparation for your pet.

Edit: There is a link to this Veterinary Certificate on their website.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Silas, Apr 3 12:00 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Difference between an emotional service dog and a pet?

Silas

Loco

Barked: Sat Feb 8, '14 2:04pm PST 
This may only apply to Ontario but, despite being written in leases, it is not legal to prevent pets in housing even if you are renting. Even if it is written into a lease, it cannot be enforced... this doesn't mean they can't kick you out for another reason though.

I think this is probably why there isn't any, or at least a strong present of, ESAs in Canada (or at least Ontario).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Silas, Feb 8 2:04 pm

Dogs & Travel > Boarding a People-Shy Dog

Silas

Loco

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 7:19pm PST 
My sister is getting married in May, so I will have to board Silas for two nights.

He is extremely people-shy and doesn't really warm-up to too many people.

Does anyone have any advice about what to look for in a boarding kennel for the people-shy dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Silas, Jan 14 7:19 pm

Small Dogs > can somone help me with the breed of my dog?

Silas

Loco

Barked: Sat Jan 4, '14 7:06am PST 
I have to agree with Hazel on the beagle. I thought maybe Min. Pincher or Rat Terrier when looking at the face. How big is she?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Mar 9 5:37 pm

Dog Health > Eating Dead Birds?
Silas

Loco

Barked: Sat Jan 4, '14 7:02am PST 
Silas has eaten part of a dead bird that had been sitting on the road for awhile. He was fine with no ill effects.

I called the vet, who said just to watch him for anything unusual and to make sure he had clean water. He didn't throw up at all; I think the worst was part of a foot coming out in his poop.

I would say, unless your dog is throwing up or is have diarrhea constantly, don't worry too much.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 5 6:54 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Will designer mixes ever have kennel club acceptance?

Silas

Loco

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 7:13am PST 
My friend had a "labor-doodle" as a guide dog (he's retired now). Out of all the breeds guessed by people, "labor-doodle" was never one of them. He was one of the few, as they phased them out of the program. I can't remember the whole reason; I remember something about them being too "smart".

I did hear of one "labor-doodle" guide dog that they quickly retired because he learned if he limped that he would get to go home.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:21 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Will designer mixes ever have kennel club acceptance?

Silas

Loco

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 6:50am PST 
I don't think until there's a unified breed standard they really have a have chance of acceptance. Yes, most purebreds started off as mixes but they still all generally look the same.

I've seen a lot of different types of "labor-doodles". Recently, I saw one they looked like a very skinny lab with a wiry muzzle; I had to ask what his mix was.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:21 am

Food & Nutrition > Smelly Kibble?

Silas

Loco

Barked: Wed Nov 27, '13 5:35pm PST 
What's the main protein? I find most lamb and fish based food smell awful.

Silas is eating ACANA Pacifica right now, and my mom won't let me keep it the normal cupboard because it makes everything else smell.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Firefly, Dec 6 10:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Well meaning "dog lovers"
Silas

Loco

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 3:41pm PST 
I don't think there's much you can do, unfortunately, other than ask them to stop and walk away. If he can heel on both sides, perhaps have him move and switch sides (putting him in between you and the other person).

If you're out with a friend or family member, you can use them as a blocker.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Jan 6 4:32 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.