Postings by Guest ID 1142238

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Will I ever breathe....

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 12:46pm PST 
Let yourself greive, you love Snoopy and she loves you. LOVE is a beautiful thing, concentrate on, if you will, the good times you shared and how the dog enriched your life, how much better it is having had Snoopy in your life, then never knowing her. Cry, scream, throw up if you must. I've done all that and more when my beloved dogs have passed. I still occassionaly do. I go out back in my 2 acres where I have 4 dogs buried that were part of my family, and I talk to them and sit by them. They were and forever will be a part of my family and canine kids. Forever loved and missed. But there is sunshine behind those dark clouds, remember that too. Snoopy in all her doggy innocence and pure love would not want you to be miserable, that is not a dogs nature. Perhaps one day you will adopt another dog that needs and craves your love and devotion. I wish you peace. Sue M
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 12:46 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Somedays I can forget...

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 12:33pm PST 
How true, I lost my beloved katy on Thanksgkiving of 2012 and most days when I'm busy I can forget, however today is not one of those days, I am temporarily laid off(Home health aid) and it is a gloomy, windy, depressing day and all I could think of is my dear sweet fuzzy Glen of Imaal Katy.I miss her desparately today! Do you think there is a dog heaven and that they are all happy and whole. I pray so.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 11 4:13 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Can't Believe H's Been Gone For Over 2 Years...

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 12:28pm PST 
Sweetie I understand how you feel, I too lost a 4 year old dog "Goldie" that I adopted from the Humane Society, One very early Nov morning my then 9 year old son got up to let Goldie out to do her business. (We usually get a leash and walk her or at least I am with her on our 2 acre property). Anyhow shortly after I went outside to call the dog in, to no avail, so I started to walk out in back calling her name. We live 2 doors down from a set of train tracks and at that moment a train came by blowing its horn. I got chills up and down my spine, because I KNEW then that something bad had happened to my liitle girl, who always came promptly when called. Sure enough 10 minutes later I went up on the tracks to find the lifeless body of my Goldie(My son was with me ). It was not pretty. I almost fainted I was in such shock and disbelief. This was 7 years ago, and I have expereinced such a range of emotions from guilt to anger to depression to denial. I felt that it was my fault because I told my son to let her out to just go potty and then call her back in right away. The What ifs kept replaying in my mind time and again. However things do get better with time (if you let them). I have adopted other dogs over the years, and will continue to do so because I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! I have had dogs for the past 35 years and have lost quite a few over the years, its heartbreaking to lose them because they are like my kids, but there is always a animal out there that desparately needs a good home! Please keep that in mind, you will always love and miss Snoopy but you have had all the right intentions and bad things do happen no matter what we can do to prevent them. I wish you peace and send you love. Sue M
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 12:28 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Coping with the loss of a loved one.

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:43pm PST 
My sweet baby girl died on Thanksgiving night in bed with my huband and I, she had pnuemonia, and it was late stage, it was awful, Katy was panting heavily and could not settle down, I stayed up with her trying to soothe and comfort her, shortly before midnight she gave 2 grunts, looked at me and rolled over, the terrible heavy breathing was silent. I knew than she was gone. It was a blessing cuz she was at peace, but.... I woke my husband up and since it was so late at night Katy lay dead in our bed until the early morning hours when there was light enough to bury her. I can;t get that horrible night out of my head. It keeps replaying, and I feel so bad, wishing I could've helped her. She was 11 years old and a Glen of Imaal terrier. She was my best friend and my cainine kid. I lost 3 other dogs before that o ver the years that I greatly loved, but somehow Katy's death is really taking a toll on my husband, son and I. I cry off and on, all day and tell my friends about my dog, they offer there condolences, but they seem like they really don't want to listen to my story. Katy, I love you so much, I will always remember how you like to cuddle snuggle in bed, go camping,and have your cute fuzzy belly tickled. I don't think I will ever get over this dog. I hate to be at home because the void of her not being there is so great. I espiecally cannot sleep upstairs in my bedroom where she passed away. I am looking at adopting another dog, because I love dogs so much, and always want one in my life> But I know no other dog could replace my "Baby Girl" The Xmas sdeason which usually is a anticipated event for all of us has become sterile and empty, and my stomach has been tied up in knots for a while. I can't sleep or eat, and I really don't know what I will do. We knew she was very sick, perhaps dying, but I did not realize her death would have such an impact on me (us). So I know what you are going thru I hope time is the great healer, because thinking of Katy is just too painful right now. Peace be with you.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 5:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.