Postings by Guest ID 1140130

GO!

Dog Health > Boxer in trouble. Please help.

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 6:27am PST 
One detail I didn't get right. Last time this happened in 08 she didn't get better right away. It took a few months for her to be at 100%
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Nov 11 6:56 pm

Dog Health > Boxer in trouble. Please help.

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 6:10am PST 
Hi, I did a few searches so I wouldn't be duplicating a thread but I came up short. The truth is I have no idea what to search for. My family dog is a female boxer born in 2006. She has been experiencing lameness in her back legs and needs help to pee because she can't walk. She doesn't seem to be in pain. Yesterday she started to pant really hard then released a LOT of fluid. Not seepage but like she'd peed but it wasn't pee. She did it again this morning. She had this problem back in 2008 but not to this degree and the fluid released was not as great in volume and my parents thought she'd just peed. We're realizing now it wasn't. After the fluid was released last time she was better within a few hours. Back to normal. This time she's not bouncing back. Both times they took her to the vet and they don't seem to know what's wrong with her. My family lives in a very rural part of FLA and their local vet is good but not great. They are going to travel to bring her somewhere else on monday but I wanted to reach out and see if MAYBE anyone knows what this is. The vet gave her a steroid shot and antibiotics but she's not eating much so it's tough to get her to take them. I am, unfortunately, 1500 miles away from this situation so if you have any further questions I may not be able to answer them right away. Please help if you know anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Nov 11 6:56 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.