Postings by Guest ID 1137913

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > should i feed a kibble/raw diet to a very young puppy?

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 1:38pm PST 
thanks! i will definately read that! i got back from petsmart not too long ago with a bag of kibble. i made sure it was a good brand. but i gotta say i am not happy and i'm a bit stressed cuz i didn't want to feed her kibble. but i just am so new to it and i'm also a new "mom dog" and i just want to make sure i don't mess her up by my ignorance in any way. thanks for the link! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 1:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > should i feed a kibble/raw diet to a very young puppy?

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 11:15am PST 
i've posted on another thread about this (different topic), but i'm gonna make a new thread to hopefully get some advice soon. i have a 7 week old puppy who i started on raw as soon as i got her (monday.....it's wednesday now) and i have only fed her chicken breast to start with. i plan on adding organs and bones soon. she hasn't pooped since monday morning. she's farting though!! and boy does it stink!! shock i have posted about her new diet on a shih tzu forum that i belong to and someone brought up (and included a link) that i could be hurting her by feeding her this diet and she could have some serious health problems in the future cuz her body is growing and needs certain nutrients that i may not be providing. so now i'm worried and i'm NOW considering buying a high grade puppy kibble to feed her once a day and then give her 2 meals of raw the rest of the day. any opinions on this? or should i not even consider kibble? i didn't want to ever give her kibble, but maybe i need to?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 1:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > baby hasn't pooped in 48 hours

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 11:05am PST 
yeah, i was gonna feed her bone....but i was only gonna offer it twice a week. what do you think? also, on another forum that i belong to, some people are worried about such a young puppy eating raw....saying i need to mix in fruits and veggies, organs and bones. i was gonna do PMR (prey model raw) with her, which only calls for 80% muscle, 10% organ and 10% bone. now i'm worried that i shouldn't do all this till she's older....afraid she'll be missing something. what i'm thinking of doing is buying a high grade puppy kibble and also giving her raw meat (not mixed together though). am i just worried for no reason? would putting her on partial kibble be bad? and she STILL hasn't pooped btw. it's been since monday morning.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Nov 7 1:43 pm

Raw Food Diet > 7 week old shih tzu started her 1st day raw today

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 6:35pm PST 
thanks brody! good advice! i love this forum, everyone is so helpful and i have learned so much!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 6:35 pm

Raw Food Diet > baby hasn't pooped in 48 hours

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 6:05pm PST 
hi guys. my 7 week old baby has been on a raw diet for 2 days and she hasnt pooped since. should i worry? or is her body just adjusting to her new diet? she's had no bones or fat or organs yet. only chicken breast.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Nov 7 1:43 pm

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 1:02pm PST 
thanks so much! i will try that! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 6:35 pm

Shih Tzu > how old can i expect my Zhu to live?

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 1:00pm PST 
i'm wondering what you guys think is a typical life span of a Zhu? i just adopted a baby girl and i plan to everything i can to make sure she is the healthiest and will live as long as possible. i know diet plays a huge roll.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 28 9:29 pm

Raw Food Diet > how do you feed canned fish? also.. omega dosage

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 5:29am PST 
do you guys know if a puppy can get calcium with sardines? or salmon? i don't know if canned salmon has bone in it. and would it even be wise to feed a young puppy sardines? i know to start with chicken. she is only 7 weeks old. she LOVES her raw chicken
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Nov 6 7:23 am

Raw Food Diet > I FOUND SPLEEN!!

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 6:45pm PST 
i am SO happy for you! i understand your excitement!! dancing cheer happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Winston-dog, Nov 6 12:57 pm

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 6:41pm PST 
hi guys! i'm so excited cuz i just picked up my baby Tzu yesterday. the breeder is wonderful and super nice. but she gave me a bag of the puppy food she was on and told me not to switch her till she was about 5 - 6 months old....but i remember reading on here that the sooner the better. soooo.....at 1st i was worried she wouldn't like it. but once she got a taste for it, she LOVED it!! i had fed her the puppy food only once (on the day i picked her up) and she ate it, but not all of it, and not with much gusto. but today she had 3 meals of chicken and she LOVED it! i am so happy!! i only worry about how to give her bones. after much research i learned that she needs 2 chicken necks a week and that should cover the 10% bone. does that sound right? and when that time comes, HOW in the world do i give it to her? i was thinking of hammering the crap out of it with a meat hammer.....or sticking it in the blender. i really doubt she can chew bones right now. her bite is SO tiny and weak. also, how long will it take for all the kibble to work out of her system?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 6:35 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.