Postings by Guest ID 1137375

GO!

Behavior & Training > Pulling on a Lead

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 1:08am PST 
Hi Thank you both for the replies, I have a harness already so will try with that again.
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Akita > Lead Training

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 1:05am PST 
Thank you Pam, he is already all of those thing just a pain on the lead!! We will never give up on him though as he is a part of our family and my youngest son who is just about to turn 9 adores him and they are always together when we are at home. We will get there eventually. Thanks for your kind words. Elaine x
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Leah, Nov 8 2:04 pm

Akita > Lead Training

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 1:05am PST 
Thank you Pam, he is already all of those thing just a pain on the lead!! We will never give up on him though as he is a part of our family and my youngest son who is just about to turn 9 adores him and they are always together when we are at home. We will get there eventually. Thanks for your kind words. Elaine x
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leah, Nov 8 2:04 pm

Behavior & Training > Pulling on a Lead

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 10:20am PST 
Hi, I am just hoping for some advice on here, I have an 18 mth old Akita who is a lovely dog but a nightmare for pulling on the lead. We got him from a re-homing center and is great in every other way but for walking on a lead. If anyone can suggest any tips or harnesses or collars that we could try please.

Thanks Elaine
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 29 6:04 am

Akita > Lead Training

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 10:17am PST 
Thank you for that I will post in there as well. We got ours from a rehoming center so he already had the bad habit of pulling!! I am sure we will get there eventually though.

Thanks again Elaine
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Leah, Nov 8 2:04 pm

Akita > Lead Training

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 9:08am PST 
Hi, I have an 18 mth old Akita who is one of the lovliest dogs you could ever meet, very friendly with anyone who comes to our home but it is when we are out and about that hes awful!! Constant pulling on the lead and has managed to break 2 collars through this. This morning he managed to break another collar and got away from us and attacked another dog!! I have got a haiti collar which goes around his nose and neck but he keeps trying to get out of this as well. Is it just perseverance or does anyone have any training tips for me. Thank you in advance Elaine
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Leah, Nov 8 2:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.