Postings by Guest ID 1135720

GO!

Akita > 8 Month Old Akita

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:23pm PST 
i have. a 9 mo male in an apartment. he does fine inside since i started getting him antlers and hooves to chew on keeps him occupied while im at work. we use to go to the off leash dog park 5 times a week and he loved iit. but when he turned about 8 mo he started attacking large males. this is normal, akitas do not like other dominant same sex dogs. he has a few buddies he can play with. but the off leash days are over. just part of being an akita
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 11:23 pm

Akita > When do Akita puppy ears stand upright?

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:16pm PST 
my dogs stood up at 3 months usually not till 6 months for some. if its a mix no way to tell
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 11:16 pm

Akita > akita or shiba

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:03pm PST 
if u want an akita inu which is the name of the breed u are referring too. u first need to do your home work and study this breed. they are a complex dog not for beginners next you need to contact a breeder so u know what ur getting.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 11:03 pm

Akita > "Akita's are genetically aggressive"

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 10:41pm PST 
im an akita owner and i would agree that due to their genetics they are aggressive. i have two wonderful akitas but they arent taking crap from any dog. my male will fight a dominant male and the female will fight another dominant female. they are very well trained and socialized. the thing with the genitics goes back to how closely linked to the wolf they are. they are an old tough breed that hasnt been changed. dogs are descendants of wolves and most dogs have had the wolf bred out of them. my dogs get a long with my cat but would kill any other animal that wpndered in theyr yard they are a dominant territroial breed just like a wolf. sorry for all the typos dont have my glasses on.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 2:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.