Postings by Guest ID 1134486

GO!

Raw Food Diet > New discussion on raw (premade) diet and high alt

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 4:24pm PST 
Hi, this is my first post here and I am writing after seeing a thread dated to 2008.
At the end of June my 8lb toy poodle Bibi experienced a single atypical seizure 'out of the blue.' She has been on a Nature's Variety raw food medallions diet for about 6 months. Usually, we rotated lamb, venison and rabbit as she had some GI issues with beef and chicken. Her bloodwork at the emergency appointment for the seizure showed only one real abnormality (ALT levels of 400+).
Subsequent followup blood tests showed the levels dropping to 200+ (still high). A third test 8 weeks later shows the ALT has crept up into the 300+ range. Now we are scheduled for fasting bile acids assay.
The vet is getting concerned. I have just become aware that when the ALT was dropping toward normal, we had stopped the raw food for a while and then resumed...only tomfind ALT rising again. has anyone definitively identified a connection between high ALT and raw food consumption?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
carol
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Joey, Oct 8 12:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.