Postings by Guest ID 1113182

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Ellie peed in the bed last night

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 5:52pm PST 
one idea that is really easy to try - is to take her waterbowl away after let's say 8pm - maybe she just had a full bladder... can't hurt to try it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 5:52 pm

Dog Health > My dog possibly swallowed a squeaker from a toy...

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:11am PST 
good luck and i hope all goes well with this... and i also hope no more squeaker toys - or plastic eyes or stuffing...
the crap that people manufacture and sell to consumers for their pets is beyond me and i guess most people think that if it is in a store it is ok for their pet(s) - wrong!!!

if you want you can check out dogOdog Organics that makes a 100% Organic Cotton Play-Tug-Chew Toy that is handmade in the USA using US Certified Organic Cotton that is grown in California. it is a braided cotton bone-shape toy that can be re-tied and trimmed if necessary, easy to wash and lasts. www.dogOdogOrganics.com
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:33 pm

Dog Health > Much Needed Weight Gain For A Mother Dog

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 4:34pm PST 
what a wonderful person you are to take on this responsibility and with such concern for the well-being of this dog. best of luck to you and jackie! thanks!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 17 4:34 pm

Dog Health > Thoughts on Chicken Intolerances

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 7:30pm PST 
cheap chicken with lots of bad stuff plus kibble
= sick dog... enough said!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 2:00 pm

Dog Health > I need help!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 8:23pm PST 
One thing that you can do in addition to what your vet recommends is to give your dog organic extra virgin coconut oil... a tablespoon a day - (melt in microwave) and let him lap it up... you can google coconut oil to see all the anti-fungal-type remedies that this all natural oil has to offer.
my sharpei would get funky yeasty open sores around his ears and since i have been treating him to this natural wonder - they cleared up with anti-biotic ointment and i continue to give this to him once and day and they have not returned... good stuff for you and your dogOdog!
peace and love, dogOdog Organics
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 9:27 pm

Dog Health > FLEA AND TICK APPLICATIONS

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 8:03am PST 
I currently used Bayer's K9 Advantix II on my 40lb Sharpei
BUT I would like not to because of the chemicals involved in these types of Flea and Tick Prevention applications.
Occasionally, i see or read about other "alternative" ways to prevent ticks and fleas and i was wondering if anyone has had any success using alternative or more natural remedies. I feed my boy a very healthy and natural raw diet so using these toxic chemicals is really something i would like to be able to stop but because of where we live I do need to use something for ticks... thanks! betsy&theo
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 8:03 am

Dog Health > Sore after shots. Worried dog mom!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 6:21pm PST 
Hope your little one is feeling better by today - if not - i am sure your called the vet and/or took her in to get her looked at... these shots are necessary (so all the vets say) but they worry me to no end... even the monthly flea and tick stuff scares me with regard to poisoning my dog.

if anyone has had any success with alternative tick applications - please post and let me know.
thanks! betsy and theoconfused
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 4:55 pm

Dog Health > HORRIBLE DOOKY BREATH!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 10:02am PST 
Please start by spending a few dollars and buying a doggie toothbrush for each dog and some doggie toothpaste (which doesn't foam like human toothpaste) at your local pet store. You can get two different colors of toothbrushes so you know which one is for which dog.
Start by putting a little doggie toothpaste on your finger and try to massage their teeth and gums with it to get them used to it... progress to the toothbrush and try to brush their teeth every night before bed just like you would your young kids...

If there is a lot of plaque built up you will need to get them to the vet to get that fixed - But you need to start getting in the habit of good dental hygiene as soon as possible. Also to add to the routine are doggie dental pads that you wrap around your fingers and wipe on their teeth and gums after brushing... you can use these also for quick cleaning when you don't have time to brush but believe me brushing is the only safe way to make sure your dogs teeth and gums are healthy. Plaque and dental issues can also cause heart diseases so it's important to clean your dogs teeth regularly.

Please don't take the easy way out and give your dogs "greenies" or other teeth-cleaning biscuits as they are hard to digest and some dog have died from intestinal obstruction because of these types of products. good luck and happy brushing! happy dance peace, love and dogOdog!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 16 10:39 am

Dog Health > teeth

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:54pm PST 
i really don't like to always be the heavy - but greenies are really dangerous... please do the research in order to make a safe decision about giving these to your dogs. regular brushing will give the results you are looking for with regards to good doggie dental hygiene... yes it takes a few minutes every night but it is well worth the effort to know that you are doing your dog good and not taking a easy but toxic and potentially harmful way out of daily maintenance.puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 7:54 pm

Dog Health > teeth

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:18pm PST 
since elvis hopefully will live a long life - you should make the commitment after the cleaning to start a daily dental hygiene program at home... not only will it save you money in the long run but most importantly it will most likely save elvis's life as dental disease can cause serious health issues other than painful rotting teeth and bad breath. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 7:54 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.