GO!

Bullmastiff > Learning about the breed

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 9:22pm PST 
Double post
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BRUNO, Nov 3 7:58 am

Bullmastiff > Learning about the breed

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 9:22pm PST 
I have a 10 week old male bullmastiff so im no expert butwill let u know my expefience and opinion. Firstly id reccomend a puppy instead of adopting a full grown dog (nothing wrong with adopting a dog I just dont think it would be the right breed to adopt for reasons u mentiond). My dog was the largest in the litter and when I got him he was slightly food aggressive towards the mini american eskimo we have so that had to be corrected. I have a 4 yr old nephew that lives with me at the moment and any aggression is something that can't be tollerated. He has been great with the 4 yr old and I take turns with my nephew petting the dog while he eats ect. Now with no problems. I got a male because I already have a female dog that I love and wouldn't want to jepordise her safety by getting a female bullmastiff that could do damage to her. I don't know if it would be the same if they were both fixed but its still a risk I wouldn't take. Work with my dog every day, he's very intelligent and a fast learner great with kids and already very loyal.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BRUNO, Nov 3 7:58 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.