Postings by Guest ID 1092634

GO!

Behavior & Training > Stubborn Puppy (Aussie)

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 2:06pm PST 
Its like she is totally rebelling against us now!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 am

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 2:04pm PST 
What would make her go to the bathroom on her own time. She has started being stubborn when we take her out to use the bathroom then we bring her back in and she poops on her own time..

She plays tug of war with the leash and wont even come when we hold a treat in front of her. UGH!
I swear..last week she was a pretty good puppy..but now shes like screw yall! Im doing what i want!

Any ideas??
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 am

Behavior & Training > Crate Training Help!!

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 1:05pm PST 
Will the dog be alone for 2 days? If so how will you feed him. I dont think food and water being left out is a good idea bc he will eat when bored and in that case will be all day.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Feb 17 11:20 am

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 10:49am PST 
Thank you for that. I will try her in our bedroom tonight to see if she calms down when its bed time. I went home at lunch to take her out and she did great. I took her outside immediately and she peed upon me setting her down so I loved on her and gave her a small treat that she could chew in a couple bites.

Maybe its just taking her some time to get use to how things work around us and getting use to us. We took her to my inlaws this weekend and she learned to socialize with my wifes two older dogs and when she got scared she ran over to us. So she knows who we are, I think she just gets frustrated when its just us two and she runs off to be by herself....
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 am

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 8:46am PST 
Thank you for the responses. I thought it was early for them to be let go from mom too. The breeder was selling the litter so it wouldnt have done any good to leave her there bc all the litter was being picked up by new parents. Reason Im asking these questions is bc ive never had a puppy this young. We took her to the vet yesterday for a checkup and she weighs 6.6lbs (4.5 when we got her). She is doing very good. We are keeping her in a baby/pet play pen(about 5 ft x 2 ft in size)

Is it too early to start letter her know her kennel is her home. Sometimes she goes in willingly(in the living room) but other times she goes to the kitchen away from us and falls asleep. I try luring her in with a treat but she grabs the treat from the kennel and brings it outside.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 am

Australian Shepherd > Stubborn 8 week aussie

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 8:24am PST 
Also..she doesnt like to be held unless she is absolutely worn out...

is this normal. We are first time aussie owners but we've had mixed aussie/collie mixes before.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 9:46 am

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 7:50am PST 
My wife and I have a 8 week old aussie. We started kennel training her at about 6 weeks and walking on a leash as well. She did very good when we started out but she is becoming very resistive.
She loves to play but becomes resistive to commands when we try to train her such as sleeping in her kennel(she wants to sleep right outside of it). We put her food in her kennel to let her know its a "happy place", but she brings it outside to chew it.
She has to go relive herself outside but when we take her out she sits and wont move.(I try not to drag her but when I nudge her my way she starts backing out in the other direction).
She is a very smart puppy but she chooses not to mind.
Do puppies grow out of this stubborn stage so we can begin a training regemin? If so...when?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 am

Australian Shepherd > Stubborn 8 week aussie

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 7:28am PST 
My wife and I have a 8 week old aussie. We started kennel training her at about 6 weeks and walking on a leash as well. She did very good when we started out but she is becoming very resistive.shrug
She loves to play but becomes resistive to commands when we try to train her such as sleeping in her kennel(she wants to sleep right outside of it). We put her food in her kennel to let her know its a "happy place", but she brings it outside to chew it.
She has to go relive herself outside but when we take her out she sits and wont move.(I try not to drag her but when I nudge her my way she starts backing out in the other direction).
She is a very smart puppy but she chooses not to mind.
Do puppies grow out of this stubborn stage so we can begin a training regemin? If so...when?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 9:46 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.